STP and Reportable Employer Super Cont amendment

Options
Penny Pope
Penny Pope Member Posts: 8
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I have an employee that has been paid more super than the SGA 9.5% but unfortunately I have not separated Reportable Employer Super Cont and Super Guarantee when uploading to STP each week throughout the financial year - how can I do a YTD adjustment to ensure the totals for the year are correct?  Any help appreciated!  Thanks :-)

Comments

• JudyA
    JudyA Member Posts: 56 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hi Penny,

I think you probably need to work out the reason for the additional SG amount paid.  I know for our employees who are under an EBA, they receive a set amount of super, which is over the 9.5%, but because it's in their agreement, I don't need to report it as RESC.  Whereas, if the amount you are talking about is salary sacrifice, then it would need to be reported.  Same as if it's an employer additional amount.
    I'm not sure of the best way to do a YTD adjustment, if it is the case that you have a RESC amount for this employee.  It may mean you need to go back and change all pay runs to show the correct amounts and then do an update event.  Hopefully, there's an easier way.

I hope that helps.
  • Penny Pope
    Penny Pope Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Many thanks Judy - I will do some more investigating and start from there!  :-)

• Brigitte Nott
    Brigitte Nott Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Penny, I hope you have solved your problem, but if not, the following may help: I am not working with Reckon hosted, but the process is maybe similar. You need to open each paycheque for that employee, delete the super amount and re-enter the same super amount, click ok to save changes, close paycheque window. Check the Super Report per Employee (with the RESC column shown); it should now show the correct amounts.
    This process has been explained by others when you search the Community for say "RESC amount on the Payment Summary and/or STP is incorrect or does not agree with my payroll reports.
    I think, since you have paid the correct amount to the ATO, there is nothing further to do, but to lodge your "Final" pay event.