PAYG Tax withheld from pay incorrect

  • 2
  • Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
I have incorrectly worked out a staff members tax withheld.  How do I go about fixing it, so they get paid correctly & it doesn't stuff up my accounts come year end?

The gross pay is correct, just the tax - so we owe them money (withheld too much tax).

Photo of Felicity Van

Felicity Van

  • 1,348 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

  • 2
Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

  • 27,530 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi Felicity,

Welcome to the Reckon Community

You'll need to modify your pay transaction by reducing the tax amount to the correct amount and adding a deduction for the amount of the difference so that the total of Net Pay remains the same.  You can then clear the deduction with a cheque or deposit to the employee's bank account.