can you change from Reckon accounts enterprise edition to reckon accounts 2014

Options
Belinda_7128272
Belinda_7128272 Member Posts: 1
edited December 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
We are moving our company file from one server to a new one and want to change to Reckon accounts 2014 instead of enterprise as our environment is much smaller. Is there a way I can move it easily?
Thank you

Comments

• Kevin V. Russell
    Kevin V. Russell Member Posts: 265
    edited June 2015
    Options
    No. But thanks for asking.
  • Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hi Belinda

You have a few options for this.  

The "wouldn't it be nice if..." option of using your enterprise file in Reckon Accounts Premier or below is out I'm afraid.  Once an enterprise file, always an enterprise file...

I am assuming you currently have a 5 user desktop version of hosted at $1735 per annum.

You do have some other options within the enterprise family.
    •  if you only have need of a single user, You can get a single user desktop enterprise annual licence for $560;
    • A Reckon Accounts Hosted Annual Licence for $450 per user may be viable if you have 1 to 3 users.  Unlike desktop, a hosted licence can be shared by other people, but only 1 person can log on per licence at any one time.  This sharing can work well if the use can be timeshared" - eg sales in the morning and stock receipt in the 
    If you are wanting to drop down to Reckon Account Premier (5 User / $1075 upgrade / $735 Annual Licence), Pro (2 user/$735/$485) or Plus (1 user/$555/$399) then you will need to go to a new file.

I can generally do a new file in between 4 and 8 hours including transferring opening debtor, creditor and inventory balances.  This is still withing the savings from dropping down from a 5 user enterprise licence.

So in a nutshell, yes to can move easily.

Give me a call if you would like to discuss further.

Graham Boast
    Reckon Accredited Consultant
    graham@reckonhelp.com.au
    www.reckonhelp.com.au/remotesupport.htm

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au

• Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Forgot to include my number

Graham

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi Belinda,

I believe Reckon have the ability to downgrade your file from Enterprise to Premier within their data recovery area.

I am not sure what they would charge for this though and it may depend on weighing up costs as Graham has mentioned above also.

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (sally@samsolutions.com.au)