Old entries in current reconcilation.....

Options
Tania Fox
Tania Fox Member Posts: 3
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

Hi. Just wondering if someone can help me out on this.  I do 2 monthly GST returns and have some old entries from earlier this year that have popped up in my reconciliation, even though I reconciled and closed off the period they relate to.  I am suspecting one of us must have altered these old transactions, hence why they have reappeared!  What do I do with them though??  How do I clear them out?  I have gone back to the period these transactions relate to and they are definitely in the reconciliation they should be in according to the reports I printed at the time.  But now they are sitting in my bank rec.

Suggestions would be most welcome thanks.

Comments

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi Tania,

If you go to Reports > Banking > Reconciliation Discrepency report, does it bring up any discrepencies with your reconciliation?

I.e. what you are looking for is those items are they extras/duplicates or have they been changed or have they just been unticked?

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• Mel_6978702
    Mel_6978702 Member Posts: 13
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Sally 
    I have something similar. We have a Credit Card account and a Cheque Account. On the Credit Card account the cheques have been reconciled, however in the Cheque account they are still sitting on there to be reconciled. If I double click on them they don't appear to have been cleared. I can't void them because the credit account will not balance. 
    Are you or anyone else be able to advice how I clear them off my bank rec. 

some feed back would be most appreciated. 
    thanks
    Mel 
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi Mel,

Have you checked your actual physical bank account? Otherwise where have the payments come from?

Are there duplicates that are pointing somewhere else?

I hope this helps.

• Mel_6978702
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Sally,
    without sounding silly.
    How would I find this out if there are duplicates pointing elsewhere ?

thanks 
    Mel 

• Mel_6978702
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Ok found the duplicate. There is a Cheque and a Bill-Pmt Cheque.

Now I know this how can I fix, without adjusting my bank rec?

thanks
    Mel
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi Mel,

You could attempt to change one of the accounts from the credit card back to the bank account, so next time when you do a reconciliation they will be there on both sides of the screen so you can tick them off against each other.

They should be sitting there unticked in the credit card screen also.

Sally

• Mel_6978702
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good morning Sally,

I will have a look at this.   

Thank you very much for your help.

Mel 
  • Mel_6978702
    edited March 2015
    Options
    hi Sally 
    I have tried this and now my reconciliation report show a discrepancy with different date. How do I fix this back please
    thanks Mel 

edited December 2016
    Options

Hi Mel,

Not sure what is happening here.

You have duplicates, but yet they are duplicates in the system, not in real life?

So how have they been ticked off if they have only happened once?

As mentioned if you change the account where the transaction is pointing to i.e. petrol change to the credit card with no tax code, then it will appear for you to be able to tick off against the other transactions which are duplicates.

Don't forget this will be changing your GST balance and your previously lodged BAS reports.

If you can't get this to work out perhaps we need a remote appointment so I can actually see what you see?

Kind regards,

• Mel_6978702
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Sally, 

thanks. I was trying to change from credit account to bank account nothing else and now which is obviously beyond my skills. It has change my credit card bank rec.

Wish I had just left it alone. 
    Mel 
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi Mel,

I will give you a call tomorrow and see if we can get this sorted for you!

It is definitely some tricky bookkeeping there. Once you get your head around it, it will make sense!

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (Sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• Mel_6978702
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hello Sally,

Thank you. for your help......no need to call I have completed it as much as it is going to get. thanks again 
    mel