Tax Code Exceptions Report

Options
Tina Williamson
Tina Williamson Member Posts: 11
edited July 2019 in Accounts Hosted
I have a large number of invoices appearing in the Tax Codes Exemption Report. I have checked each transaction and the tax codes are correct. I thought it may have been empty lines on the invoice (used to improve the layout on large invoices) but I removed these and the invoice still appears on the Tax Codes Exception Report. 
Am I missing something?

Comments

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Tina,
    It appears to be Inventory transactions that appear in that report.
    Can I suggest you run a Profit & Loss Detail (on cash or accrual depending on what you are) and filter by the correct quarter dates and add the tax code column.
    Then if you scan through your income accounts you should identify any invoices missing tax codes.
    If your items are not allocated to an income account this won't help, but it's a start!!!
    Kind regards,
    Sally McIntosh (Sally@samsolutions.com.au)
  • Tina Williamson
    Tina Williamson Member Posts: 11
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Sally,
    I followed your instructions above but all invoices and items within seem to have the correct codes. 
    Any other suggestions?
    Thank you for your help.
    Tina
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,065 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hi Tina,

Check the transactions that are appearing in that Tax Code Exception report for things like:

1) transaction lines without a tax code, but with a tax amount appearing (even if only $0.00)

2) Look to see whether any accounts are assigned to tax codes that are different to their designated default tax code
    - Look in the Chart of Accounts list for any default tax code that is assigned to an account
    - Look at the tax code assigned to that account, within the transaction that is appearing in the Tax Code Exception Report

* Data Recovery Team *
  • Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi Tina,
    What I suggested does not fix the Tax Code Exception Report, it is what it is.
    What I gave you is an alternative report to check you have coded everything correctly. If you have checked everything, then it should be fine.
    Kind regards,
    Sally McIntosh (Sally@samsolutions.com.au)