Custom Reports

Options
Girish
Girish Member Posts: 3
edited September 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

Hi Guys! I am looking for an Excel Add-in which can pull the GL Account Balance as of a particular date directly into Excel cell. The sheet can then be refreshed to update the latest balance.

Basically I want to design custom reports and I am stuck; using Reckon Enterprise at the moment.

Has anyone been designing their own reports which auto-refreshes with the latest data?

Thanks

Comments

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 803 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Girish

Are you looking for a traditional ODBC to XML interface like QODBC to do this? 

Or are you seeking some transparent solution to achieve this?

Gary

• Girish
    edited November 2015
    Options

Hi Gary

I have tried QODBC. However it doesn't help me in designing my own reports in Excel.

I am looking for some add-on which would populate Excel cell with GL Actual or Budget Balance as of a particular date. That way various management reports could be designed and would always reflect updated results.

I come from a Sunsystems background where I extensively used this feature.

I am open to trying out any report writer which would do the job. I am not sure if Crystal Reports would be useful here, that's why I need some advice from the Reckon Gurus.

Thanks

Girish

• cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    We can help in fully automating your requirement but we need to give you a quote for this tool report.
    But the issue businesses are looking for free apps
    Crystal reports all requires work .

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Girish
    edited November 2015
    Options

We are not after free apps.

We are a reputable business and would like to pay for solutions that work.

There are various add-ons and solutions on the web which offer a free 30 day trial period and customers can pay for full version at the end of trial period. We like this idea since we are sure of what we are getting. Even Reckon products come with the same offer.

If you can offer any such solution for trial, its most welcome. If you do not know of any readily available solution, please say so.

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 803 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Girish

I'd like to have a chat to you,  particularly your experience where you say .... "I have tried QODBC. However it doesn't help me in designing my own reports in Excel."

The 'dynamic' aspect of have latest data appear in the next execution of a QODBC procedure (ie:  running a predefined  dqy fMC Excel ODBC Query file)  will yeild the latest data you ask to be extracted.  Perhaps it is the cosmetic design of the output in EXCEL that you are uncomfortable with.  

At your convenience, call me on 0408994799 (Accredited Partner, located in The Basin VIC).  There are two colleagues who might be able to assist you that I know of right off the top of my head,  but I'd rather identify what lead you to the comments so far please.

Cheers

Gary Pope
    m: 0408994799 
    An Accredited Partner- Consultant (VIC. Aust)
    http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-ac...
    "Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
         independent IT Professional and retired FCPA Accountant"