How can I add a Supplier Name to the Item Form?

Options
Kim_8762103
Kim_8762103 Member Posts: 3
edited April 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Edit Forms

Comments

• HeatherJ
    HeatherJ Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Do you mean add a preferred supplier to an item? Or send a purchase order to a supplier?
  • Kim_8762103
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Add the preferred supplier to the form, i.e. when entering a new item. Have been able to add the preferred supplier column to the list but this does not appear on the form.
  • HeatherJ
    HeatherJ Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    The preferred supplier is an information field. The preferred supplier is an information field When you are completing a purchase order that you need to choose the actual supplier from the top left hand side each time
  • Kim_8762103
    edited November 2016
    Options
    So am I able to create another field in the form (Item Form) which is the basis for entering a new item and editing existing items? Using specific part numbers from various suppliers means that, generally speaking, there will only be one supplier for a part number. Being able to do this will simplify our stock ordering and check process as they are normally a non-inventory item.
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Kim

I gather you are referring to the 'enter new item' on screen form.

the only way you can get the 'preferred supplier' to come up is to use an 'inventory part", then the cost & preferred supplier window comes up.

>go to edit >  preferences, inventory, tick 'inventory & Purchase orders are active'.
    >go to inventory list > new & chose inventory part, you will see preferred supplier.

Also this will appear in the 'items list', right click on any of the column headings, and chose 'customise columns'.
    > chose preferred supplier from the list, so you will see all inventory preferred suppliers, these columns can be dragged into any order you want.