Can't install upgrade to Personal 2017 and now can't reinstall previous version - Error code:1603. P

Janene Leslie
Janene Leslie Member Posts: 3
See above question - just fix it!

Comments

• Michael_7495400
    Michael_7495400 Member Posts: 13
    edited February 2017
    Well Rav? Is this the sort of thing you were talking about regarding the justification for the massive price increase??????????????????????????
  • gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 803 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Janene

Depending on the operating system you are running Win7, home, pro, or win 10, ultimate or pro etc etc....  as well as what former versions of other flash player or MS Net 1.1 or 3.1 or 3.5 or 4.5  is running on your system for whatever else you run on your PC, there may be some local SYSTEM things you'll need to have your IT check for you, in case there is a need to adjust those to also compromise with your desire to run PP2017.  

John Peppas points out some good clues on this at:
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/error-code-1603-on-windows-10
    as well as many other people asking the same question different ways at say:
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/im-getting-and-error-1603-tting-to-install-premier-2016-o...

To get best help from the Community, you are encouraged to provide a bit of background about your particular PC setup.   Computer are not just about Win10 and PP2017 running alone.  Lots of other processes run in the background controlling email, Office, PDF creation programs just name three that fall off the top of the head.   

Check out the top 6 questions that really help pin poiunt your situation better, using our tips at:
    http://www.alchester.com.au/contributing-to-reckon-community-support/

and then apply your search for help using the KEY WORDS that relate to YOUR environment.  Google searches with the word RECKON included at the start, along with the version of your operating system and the error code,  can find the answer to error  1603 iwiithin the first few answers of the search

Check all these:  (but ask the question with the right O/S name as part of it, like Win7Pro 64bit for example,  or whatever you are running)

Enjoy!

Gary Pope
    m: 0408994799
    e:  gaz@alchester.com.au
    An Accredited Partner- Consultant (VIC. Aust)
    http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-ac
    “Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
         independent IT Professional and retired FCPA Accountant”

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi Janene,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

There is a guide on what to do with a 1603 installation error  here.

It may be as simple as turning on .Net Framework 3.5.1 and installing directly from the setup.exe file found on the disk at HAB > DISK1 or on the downloaded file at C:\Temp\Reckon_Accounts_Personal_2017\HAB\DISK1.

You may also need to remove remnants of the previous installation with a 3rd party uninstaller.  

Please follow the guide.

regards,
    John. 

• Janene Leslie
    edited November 2016
    Thanks John. Solved the 1603 error.
    But then had another problem. My fault as I was trying to reinstall version 2015 (from disk) using the installation key for my 2016 version (which I downloaded). Of course it kept telling me to phone the 1800 number which I did, and after quite a lengthy call, we realised my problem. My only excuse ie that this whole process has been so frustrating and wearing me down. I am not a business and do not have a 'tech person' to sort out my problems! It shouldn't be this hard.
    FYI - I am running Windows 10.
    I then downloaded the 2016 version again, installed it successfully, but then kept getting the message that it couldn't launch - aaahh!! So decided to start from the beginning again and uninstall the program via the usual way [control panel > programs and features > highlight installed version > uninstall]. However,now it won't uninstall - see message below.

Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. ADLL required for this install to complete could not run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

I went to Reckon Community for advice and found a suggestion to download Office2010SPUninstall which I did. This didn't help. I have cleaned out any 2016 files and emptied the Trash. Please help as I have no workable/accessible program installed and fear I won't be able to install 2017 when I receive the CD because I can't get rid of 2016 which I can't launch.

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi Janene,

Use a 3rd party uninstaller to remove Reckon Accounts.  You can download the free Revo uninstaller if you do not have one,  Then install Reckon Accounts again.  

The error message is a Windows error and suggests a problem with the Windows Installer programme itself.  Here is a guide from Microsoft to address this issue (if you are not confident with computer matters then please approach a friend or a professional computer technician)

regards,
    John
  • Janene Leslie
    edited February 2017
    Thanks John.
    Successfully uninstalled V2016 using Revo Uninstaller. Reinstalled 2016, loaded data from most recent back up (12/11/2016) then added transactions to make it current. Thought all was fixed but seriously reconsidering taking up the option to upgrade to V2017.

Then I tried to open reckon today, only to receive the popup that said:
    "This doses not appear to be the computer that your software was originally installed on....."

Well, it is. I only have one computer and it is the one on which the program was operating quite well a few days ago. I do not intend to buy an additional licence for a computer I don't have!
    I now have no access to my Reckon program again.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,376 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Hi Janene,

Please choose the option to reactivate online.

If re-activating does not resolve the issue, then you need to review your user permissions and ensure you have full Administrator rights, and full control permissions to all the C:\ProgramData  and your user directory (C:\Users|username) directories on this PC.  Then, delete the licence file at: C:\Program Data\Intuit\Quicken\Config\quicken.lic, launch Reckon Accounts Personal and activate again.

Let us know how you get on

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.