Inventory on hold

Options
Rosie Labonne_8798771
Rosie Labonne_8798771 Member Posts: 3
edited August 2019 in Accounts Hosted
Hi I am using Reckon Hosted. We have some inventory items that we put on hold because they are reserve for sale to customers in the future. How can I do that? Is there a report which can show me the quantity on hold? 
Thanks
Rosie

Comments

• DFB
    DFB Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi Rosie, I suggest you create a "Sales Order" in the name of the customer for whom you are reserving the stock. This will reduce your available stock on hand, allocate the stock to that customer and allow you to track open Sales Orders. Once you ship the stock to the customer, you can generate the invoice for the those products you shipped.

Hope this helps.
  • Rosie Labonne_8798771
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi,
    Thanks for your reply. Indeed I  thought of the sales order. The problem is that if I create a sales order ,the system does not deduct it from the quantity on hand in spite of ticking 'deduct the quantity on sales orders' in the 'items & inventory' preferences. The system even allows a sales order to go through for more than what is available without giving a warning. Is there something that I have not done property in the company's preferences?
    Thanks
    Rosie

• DFB
    DFB Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi Rosie, No you have not done anything wrong. A sales order will reduce your "Available Stock" value, but not your "On Hand" stock, because the inventory is still sitting in your warehouse. You can run reports that show "On Hand" and "Available" levels.

In the preferences under Items and Inventory ensure that you have the appropriate options turned on.

The system should warn when an invoice is generated and their is not enough stock, but I don't think it will warn you if a sales order will exceed "Available" stock.

Hope this helps.
  • Rosie Labonne_8798771
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Thanks very much for your response. Most useful.