update item cosings in Item List

Options
Cindy Layland
Cindy Layland Member Posts: 2
edited February 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I changed the cost of an item but this changed the cost history of this item to the new cost.  I cannot do a Adjust Qty / Value on hand as this company buys in / sell out does not hold stock.  I am having to enter the new purchase cost on every bill I enter.  How do I go about changing the cost so it automatically comes up when entering a bill.

Comments

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 803 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Cindy

Unless I misunderstand the way you've asked this question,  if you are NOT using inventory,  then I would expect that the next time your supplier sends you a Supplier Bill, there is always the possibility they will charge you a different value.   Regardless, the Supplier's bill and GST and so forth needs to be what is on the Bill, not something you set in your system.

Now maybe you are referring to some internal standard cost you want to play with for cost of goods sold (COGS) or something,  but I still would expect you need to enter information as stated on the newly arrived Supplier Bill, into your system.

Others; may have some other clue on this, or perhaps my answer will prompt you to explain in a different way to be sure we all understand your query.

Cheers

Gary

• Cindy Layland
    Cindy Layland Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi Gary
    Thank you for replying to my message.  Sorry if my explanation is confusing.

We have two companies, one manufactures our product which then on sells to our other company who is a wholesaler reason for not holding stock.  We invoice out of the manufacturing company as the wholesale company sells to their customers so the entries are in & out.  The cost of the products seldom change unless there is a review on the cost.  My work colleague is not accounting minded and I want to set up these costs in the wholesale company to avoid error being made when taking up the bill.  I did change the purchase cost in the item window but this then changed the cost history of the time. 

When taking up bills in the manufacturing we use the method you mentioned.

Cheers

Cindy