how do you copy a transaction

Paul Gray_7935806
Paul Gray_7935806 Member Posts: 11
edited May 2020 in Reckon One

Comments

• Paul Gray_7935806
    edited October 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do you copy a transaction.
  • Paul Gray_7935806
    edited October 2017
    So what is the answer..????
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,380 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2020
    Hi Paul,

Reckon One has the ability to copy invoices and bills at this stage. You'll find this in the top right corner when in a invoice/bill.

This functionality will be further expanded in new Reckon One updates. 

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Ted_5835084
    Ted_5835084 Member Posts: 46
    edited July 2019
    ... any chance this feature might be added soon?  I guess not as the last post was 4 months ago!

But really it is a major oversight not having the ability to duplicate an existing transaction as the basis for new one.  Would save heaps of time on the data entry side for recurring payments.
  • john christie
    john christie Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2020
    This was 2 years ago. I just want to copy transactions so I don't have to enter all the split data on each transaction. surely this feature exists now
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,290 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited March 2020
    You could always memorise any transaction and then duplicate by entering the memorised transaction.
    oh sorry, I didn’t realise it was Reckon One, was referring to Reckon Hosted
  • Kim Williams
    Kim Williams Member Posts: 2

So this question was asked way way back October 2017

That was almost 3 years ago. As Kris mentioned we could add a memorised transaction that Reckon One calls recurring transaction but this feature must have a repeat date to be entered.....so that is not really an option.

Maybe I don't work accounting packages correctly but I do agree with @Paul Gray, @Ted, and @john christie in so far as to being able to copy/paste a transaction.

THREE years is a long time to wait

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,290 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Don’t know about Reckon One but in Hosted there’s no need for a repeat date, it can be set to never and recalled when necessary

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,380 Community Manager Community Manager

HI @Kim Williams & all,

The ability to create recurring transactions is available in Reckon One, including recurring invoices, payments and receipts. For more info including setup, check out our recurring transaction guides here -

HELP GUIDES - Recurring Transactions in Reckon One

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kim Williams
    Kim Williams Member Posts: 2

Thanks @Kris_Williams ....... I have migrated back from Reckon Hosted where there was the facility to have memorised transactions ..... With Reckon One this is sort of replaced by recurring transactions ...... but @Rav, and I would like to be corrected, there is no facility to have recurring transactions with the recurring date as never like there used to have in Reckon Hosted.