Reckon Accounts 2015 won't run

Richard_9555271
Richard_9555271 Member Posts: 3
Following some major repair work on Windows (win7 x64) Reckon Accounts 2015 no longer runs. I was told this was not my original computer and advised to buy a new licence. The with error code 80 shown. image

Comments

• Atlanta_6787102
    Atlanta_6787102 Member Posts: 21
    edited February 2018
    Put a shortcut of QW.EXE on your desktop, right click and select 'Run as Administrator'

I get this about every 10 times I start program, it's  all part of Reckon's paranoia that you may be using their program, that you bought, illegally.

There is a workaround  somewhere on this site but I have never bothered with it
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,380 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2018
    Hi Richard & Atlanta,

There's a KB below which outlines the various reasons why this message appears and their solutions.

Richard - in your case it will be due to the repair work you've mentioned has likely changed the 'identity' of your PC which in turn has caused Reckon Accounts to no longer identify your licence.

Atlanta - its not any form of paranoia on our part, its caused by a break in permissions or PC identity and if its occurring regularly for you I'd definitely recommend taking a look at the below KB

Error: This does not appear to be the same computer your copy of Reckon Accounts was originally....

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Richard_9555271
    edited February 2018
    Atlanta, thanks for the quick response. Sadly the fix did not work for me but I have had a second response pointing me to the solution you mentioned.
  • Richard_9555271
    edited February 2018
    Rav, Thanks for the link. I wasn't sure how I was going to find solution Atlanta referred to. I have just worked through the second option and appear to be 'back in business'. Thanks for the heads up.
  • Atlanta_6787102
    Atlanta_6787102 Member Posts: 21
    edited February 2018
    Rav - I only call it as I see it
    As I mentioned in another post, I have been using this product since DOS Version 4 (circa 1990) so I have seen the changes and dare I say it foibles of the various incarnations since then.
    The one constant has been the difficulty in upgrading/reinstalling the program without 'jumping through hoops' to do so.
    Of all the programs/applications that I use, none cause me grief like Quicken/Reckon have done over the years.
    I still use Lotus 123 and that stopped being supported in 2000 and that does not have issues with any version of Windows, including Windows 10/64 so I think to blame MS is convenient but not entirely truthful.
    So I stand by my assertion that Reckon are more concerned (paranoid) about protecting their program than providing a pleasant user experience for their customers.