Problems trying to export data to excel using Chrome

John Graetz
John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Last night I was trying to export payroll reports to excel using the Chrome Browswer.  At one stage I was able to save one report but when i tried to add another page, I received a message to the effect that I could not open a protected file - well I didn't protect it and there is no way that I could access it to do anything about it.  I tried a number of times without success.  On other occasions I repeatedly received the message that Reckon could not open the file (in order to save it).  I logged out of Reckon, closed my browser and started again.  I got one report through and the problem again re-occurred.  I then went to the Opera Browser instead and everything worked fine.  Was there a specific problem with the Chrome browser last night?  Do anybody know please?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2020
    Hi John,
    I haven't come across reports of this myself but let me check with our support team to see if they heard anything similar last night.

As an aside, is Chrome still exhibiting the same symptoms for you today as well?

Also, just checking was on Hosted 2020?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Sorry for the delay, Rav.  Yes I was working in Hosted 2020.  No, the problem is not there today, but I have had a number of occasions in the past, where the same thing has happened.  Very strange.  As mentioned earlier, I had no trouble using Opera last night.
    John L G