Reckon One - GovConnect ABN

Options
Lan
Lan Member Posts: 23
edited August 2020 in Reckon One
Hi team, I had registered my ABN to submit STPs through my business partners account that currently uses Reckon Accounts Hosted. I have recently signed up to Reckon One for the business separately however need help registering the ABN again as it's still assigned to the old account.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi Lan,
    Are you no longer going to be using the previous Reckon Accounts Hosted to generate pay events for STP submissions?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Lan
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi Rav,
    No, will just be using Reckon One from now on.
  • Lan
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi Rav, any luck looking into removing the ABN from previous account? Would like to submit STP before week end if possible. Many thanks!
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi Lan,
    I don't have your ABN at this stage. However before we get there, from my initial observations you have two options at the moment.

The first is to login to the existing Reckon Portal account and share the existing STP entity to your new Reckon Portal account that you used to subscribe to Reckon One with. Info here on how to share your STP entity HERE.

The second option is to change the ownership of the STP entity from the account its in at the moment to the new one you've subscribed to Reckon One in.

Do you want for your business partner to retain access to the STP entity in the existing account? If so, then its best to share the STP entity. 
    If not, then a transfer of ownership of the STP entity is the option to go with.
    Please note, this option can only be actioned by the existing owner of the account by contacting our support team as there are security checks that must be performed.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Lan
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Thanks for reply Rav,
    I have tried sharing the STP govconnect subscription to the new account, however when submitting STPs with new account, they don't turn up in the govconnect subscription, and there's no way for reckon one to create a .json file to upload I think?

How would I go about changing the ownership of the STP entity?

Cheers,

Lan
  • Rav
    edited August 2020
    Options
    That's correct, Reckon One doesn't create a .json file but instead it submits the pay event directly into GovConnect.
    What you need to do though is add the Reckon One product selection into your STP entity. 

What I mean by that is, when you are inside the STP entity itself, you'll see two buttons on the top right; 'Add Product' and 'Company & Advisor Info'.
    Click on the 'Add Product' option and tick Reckon One. You should see your submissions appear in there.

• Lan
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Sorry Rav, was this done in the old subscription? As it requires me to subscribe to a new Reckon One subscription. 

Edit: I tried calling Reckon support and they mentioned I'd have to create a GST branch number in order to add my ABN into the new GovConnect subscription. Is this correct?

EDIT2: Sorry Rav, figured it out when going into the actual company and clicking on the 'Add products' button. Sorry for the confusion and thank you very much for the help!
  • Lan
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Sorry to bother you again Rav, I've shared the STP entity to my new Reckon One subscription and have gone into govconnect. I can see the STP is ready to submit but when I try to, it comes up with a message of "To submit a Full File Replacement report, a previous payrun report must have been successfully processed by the ATO."

EDIT: Sorry Rav, figured it out, in Reckon One, just clicking on send to govconnect stp instead of full file replacement. Many thanks again!
  • Rav
    edited August 2020
    Options
    So with this one, the Full File Replacement option is used to fully replace the LAST successfully submitted submission (only). In your case, I'm going to assume this is your very first submission that you are attempting to create via Reckon One, yes?

If so, and its just a normal submission you are trying to create then you need to create it as such in Reckon One ie. just click on the 'Send to GovConnect STP' button when you're creating the pay run in Reckon One ie. don't select the 'send full file replacement' option.

There's a bit of info here on how/when to use Full File Replacement or Update Events -
    HELP GUIDE: Submitting an STP Update Event or Full File Replacement in Reckon One

• Lan
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Thanks Rav, yes realised I was clicking the wrong submission button. Thank you for your help!