Accounts Hosted Slow speeds and process time

Options
Rahul Prasad
Rahul Prasad Member Posts: 13
edited August 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Do we need for forward a certain port to be able to have faster speeds? We have a pretty slow speed in terms of process time and entry time. We have a Dedicated Internet that has a constant 20 MBPS Upload and 25 MBPS Download speed. We also need to know if this in any way can be used or hosted from a local server instead of going through a hosted service. Could customer support please email me so that we could talk technical specifications.

Comments

• Rahul Prasad
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Has to be something we can do, migrate data and host on site probably or just use an updated version of reckon accounts 2020 and purchase multi user licenses. idk, hopefully something.
  • GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,225 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Rahul,
    Please have patients Windows is doing upgrades in the background all the time and there is not much we can do, but it will get better.
    Not every one has this issue at the same time.
    Gerry

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Rahul Prasad
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi Gerry,

Controlled update deployment on my end, but im sure Reckon is hosted on amazon of something. Connects great to everything else, just this bit to resolve and were golden.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi Rahul,
    Do you perform regular maintenance on your company file?
    What size is your company file, and how many file fragments? 

As a starting point, I'd recommend checking off the steps listed in the guide below which is designed to ensure you're getting the best performance out of your file -

HELP GUIDE: Improving the performance of your company file

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rahul Prasad
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Tried this a couple of times but nothing changes, i think this can be resolved. Would it be possible to convert our data files or QBW files from hosted to accounts enterprise 2020 and be used on that locally? I could setup a reckon accounts database server and host the files from that to our LAN and WAN users alike. I understand that this might cost us per user licenses to get multiple users connected but its just the move we are willing to make if that's what it takes to use Reckon quick and easy without lag. 
  • GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,225 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I dont think the cost would be any different to what you are paying now if you were to use it the same way.
    Call me on 0418907140 if i can be of any further service
    Gerry

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• John McGrath
    John McGrath Member Posts: 19
    Options

We are having significant slow-downs in processing. I Have followed this (How to improve the performance of your QBI company file - Reckon Help and Support Centre) guide, to a point, which seems to be aimed at the desktop version, but my issue would be the same with either version. there is no step or description after the "Create a portable version of your file and restore it".

Is Reckon saying that there is no further use for the main file and to permanently use the portable file? there would seem to be a lot of data left behind after this process, so i have not proceeded with the last step.

My file has over 350 fragments, but i would have thought Reckon would have some database management tools that could fix this without abandoning the file. We use history a lot, so i am not confident that a portable file would meet our needs.

I have NBN speeds, which should be adequate and a fast computer Intel i7 9th Gen - 32 GB Ram - 6 GB Video.

File size - 66232 K

Total Transactions - 13969

DB File Fragments - 359

this is a fairly straight-forward micro business with simple transactions. Please let me know if you need more information. Would love to get this solved. I hate slow things!!

Kind regards,

John McGrath

• GerryWinter
    Options

Call me on 0418907140 and i will try and help and explain it better.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• John McGrath
    John McGrath Member Posts: 19
    Options

Great advice! Thanks for your time Gerry. Had to run through a few cycles to get the DB fragments down, but went from 359 to 7. Thanks again.

Would be good if Reckon could update their procedure for this to make it clearer.

Kind regards,

John.