Backup always crashes

Options
Marty Pilott
Marty Pilott Member Posts: 3
I have started using Reckon Personal Plus 2020.
Every time I use Backup, it crashes and sends a report. I don't know what happens with these reports.
When I re-opened Quicken, it acts as if I am using it for the first time and doesn't open my usual file so I have to start all over again.

Comments

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,235 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Call me and we can fix it.
    Gerry 0418907140

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Darran
    Darran Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Yep - there are so many people with this same problem. And no one has ever been able to post a solution. Let alone Reckon attempting to resolve and give any direction.
  • Brad Read
    Brad Read Member Posts: 14
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Actually, I have posted a solution with PP 2020 on Windows 10 and backup problems - because I had the same problem and fixed it.  Short answer, PP 2020 does not handle long path names in W10.  Create a folder in the root directory, i.e.   c:\reckons    and put your files in that instead of whatever folder PP or W10 has automatically designated.  Once your files are in that your backup should work.

If you are still having problems, change you PP file name to a maximum of 8 alpha/numeric characters.
  • Marty Pilott
    Marty Pilott Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Thanks.
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 475 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Along with the data file name - it could also be connected to where you have the data file stored and where you are trying to back up to.  In regards to having to find your file each time - try running the program as administrator.  Only problem is, if you didn't initially install it that way then you may have to activate it again.
    Regards, Robyn Kelly