unable to download paid for software on new laptop

I paid $180 to úpgrade' my Reckon Accounts Personal Plus in August this year. I now have a new laptop and am unable to download the software. Reckon phone help says that its because a new version is coming at the end of Oct (last week is all they could tell me) and the current version is unavailable.

Yet another example of bad service? When I úpgraded' I was unable to upload $US share prices as I had been able to until the beginning of August.

When I open my Software on my old computer there is a very long wait and most of the time the software then treats me as if I am a new user and I have to search and find the appropriate file to open the software at the home page (ie it doesn't go there automatically as it used to).

Why are we having to pay so much for subscriptions when so little is given? I have been a customer for over 25 years, with 25 years and more of data now in my programme. Yet I feel increasingly uneasy about allowing Reckon to continue to be my chosen software provider.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Megan,

If you log into the Members Area with your Customer ID & PIN now you should be able to access your current version to download to your new PC.

The new 2021 version will indeed be released soon and you should install the newer edition as soon as you receive the email for it as the new version is extended for the time you have paid and not the 2020 version you are trying to install.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

Any other problems call me on the number below.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Megan Rule
    Megan Rule Member Posts: 40

Hi Rav, when I do as you say I go to download "Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2021 Annual Licence'' and then get the message ''There is no download link for this product, Please contact Reckon on 1800 732 566."

I rang and was told what i said in my comment above.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

If you would have called me it would now have been fixed.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

@Megan Rule

Sorry to hear it didn't work through Members Area, it should have so that's a bit odd. Regardless, you can download the 2020 edition the Personal Range from our Downloads section here.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Megan Rule

thanks Rav that works ....

• Megan Rule
    edited November 2020

I was able to download the new 2021 Reckon Accounts Personal plus today from the Reckon download section, which was good. But a few annoying issues:

1) As happens every year when I went to open the downloaded programme, I was asked for a license key which I had to phone to get as the option to obtain via the internet never works (why is it even there?). Lucky I had my phone handy.

2) I rang - fortunately I had my customer ID available. The presumably international Reckon person was too hard to hear when advising the numbers/letters for the new installation key (the one for my 2020 version was now out of date, a license key wasn't needed) so he had to email to me. Lucky I was able to access my email.

3) Luckily I had backed up my files both to my laptop and USB. I was never prompted to do that when downloading the new 2021 version, so its lucky did, as I had to remove the 2020 version before the 2021 version uploaded ok. Í made sure to backup all the different types of Reckon files even a few that were not dated today - when I didn't do that in the past all my 25 years of data for share prices disappeared. Another thing Reckon hadn't warned me about (I found out in this forum).

4) I can't see any obvious changes to the úpgraded' 2021 version - is there any reason I needed to go through this process rather than stick with the 2020 version?

All in all, it seems a lack of thought for the customer exists at Reckon. The whole upgrade/renewal process needs reworking and care.

ie We need to be told that we customers, when upgrading, need up to date back ups of all the types of files Reckon has and preferably not the condensed types - this should be clearly outlined and easy to do. We need email and phone handy plus customer ID. And we need to know why the new version is better than the older one.

Your thoughts Rav?

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner

Hi Megan; this should answer all of your queries:

https://help.reckon.com/article/46sqcli2rv

• GerryWinter

I am always here to help, just call me on 0418907140 and we can sort it.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"