Previous payrun changed with October tax table update

Options
WendyAndo
WendyAndo Member Posts: 3

I am doing our bank rec and noticed our 2 pay runs for early October have been changed to reflect the new tax rates. This occurred after the pay runs had been processed and after the October bank reconciliation. Has anyone else come across this issue?

I do recall an verification issue before running a back-up recently & had to rebuild the file. Would this have forced a change to PAYG tax on the Oct pays.

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,307 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

Possibly, it usually happens if you go back into a pay and unlock it. You will of course have to go back and change the tax back

• WendyAndo
    Options

Thanks Kris, I thought that may have been the case. I wasn't sure if I should just pay the difference or adjust the pay slip in Reckon. I'll have to update STP or just wait until the next STP upload to correct the figures?

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,307 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

No change the tax back definitely

• Kris_Williams
    Options

I had exactly this problem when I went back into a pay and adjusted the jobkeeper code, and I used to have it with previous payroll program. As soon as you unlock the pay done before a tax rate change and proceed to change anything the new tax rates change the previous figure

• WendyAndo
    Options

Kris,

Yes! That's exactly what would have done it. I had to fix the tiers. Thank you.