Does transaction rules apply on older transactions?

Ramez
Ramez Member Posts: 2 ✭

I am still setting up the book. I set up a couple of transaction rules and I would have thought they would be applied or pick up or match the older transactions as well but did not seem it picked up any older transactions that have been there prior to setting up the transaction rule.

Is this correct or the rule can actually pick up the older transactions and there is a way for it? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Ramez, welcome to the Reckon Community πŸ™‚

Transaction rules will be actioned on existing unallocated transactions as well. The most common tripping point where rules aren't working as expected is usually due to the definition settings that make up the rule. Can you please recheck your rule settings and ensure they meet the relevant criteria for those transactions.

I'd also highly recommend viewing our how-to video which goes into more detail on how to setup rule definitions, and rules overall.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Ramez
    Ramez Member Posts: 2 ✭

Hi @Rav Thanks for your help this one worked well.