Data file very slow

I have several data files - but one big one about 51 MB and its very slow moving from one field to another. How do I fix this ? it has about 16 years of transactions in it. Do I need to archive the earliest 10 years or so to make it smaller ? And if so how do I do this ?

Many thanks

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @DavidW

Is it just this one file that you're finding to be slower in terms of performance? When was the last time it was working correctly/normally?

If you open up the Sample File does it exhibit the same behaviour?

If you'd like to archive some data, its called a 'Year End Copy' in the software. Open up the in-software Help menu and type in 'archive' in the search bar. There's a detailed article that runs through the archive process, how to use it and what you need to know.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• DavidW_10860080
    DavidW_10860080 Member Posts: 3 Novice Member Novice Member

Hi Rav - many thanks for your response.

Its been very slow for a long time. I have other active data files that are a lot smaller and are very quick moving from field to field. I tried the Sample file and the speed is fast. So I think I need to

On the archive option can I specify a date to archive up to - say archive all transactions from 2004 until 30 June 2015 ? And I assume if i need to I can go back to the archive and unarchive it if needed ?

Many thanks

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,342 Personal Range Elite Expert Personal Range Expert

Make a copy and keep the original file for reference and then archive and keep working in it.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• DavidW_10860080
    DavidW_10860080 Member Posts: 3 Novice Member Novice Member

Gerry

Thanks for the help but I have archived from 2003 to 2015 and its still slow ? any other suggestions ?

Also as an Accredited Partner what does that mean ? I have a few operational questions so wouldn't mind sitting in front of my screen with a knowledgable person and answer my questions Thanks

David

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,342 Personal Range Elite Expert Personal Range Expert

I am Professional Partner allowing me to sell the Reckon product with additional training to make me a Accredited Consultant able to assist clients.

In no way am I being paid by Reckon for my assistance on this forum.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Unknown
    edited March 2021
    This content has been removed.
  • GerryWinter

Sorry Kevin this wont work in the Personal Plus range.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• GerryWinter

David,

Let me log in and have a look for you this afternoon, just wont to confirm location, naming etc

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"