Data file very slow

Options

I have several data files - but one big one about 51 MB and its very slow moving from one field to another. How do I fix this ? it has about 16 years of transactions in it. Do I need to archive the earliest 10 years or so to make it smaller ? And if so how do I do this ?

Many thanks

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @DavidW

Is it just this one file that you're finding to be slower in terms of performance? When was the last time it was working correctly/normally?

If you open up the Sample File does it exhibit the same behaviour?

If you'd like to archive some data, its called a 'Year End Copy' in the software. Open up the in-software Help menu and type in 'archive' in the search bar. There's a detailed article that runs through the archive process, how to use it and what you need to know.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• DavidW_10860080
    DavidW_10860080 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi Rav - many thanks for your response.

Its been very slow for a long time. I have other active data files that are a lot smaller and are very quick moving from field to field. I tried the Sample file and the speed is fast. So I think I need to

On the archive option can I specify a date to archive up to - say archive all transactions from 2004 until 30 June 2015 ? And I assume if i need to I can go back to the archive and unarchive it if needed ?

Many thanks

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,232 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

Make a copy and keep the original file for reference and then archive and keep working in it.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• DavidW_10860080
    DavidW_10860080 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Gerry

Thanks for the help but I have archived from 2003 to 2015 and its still slow ? any other suggestions ?

Also as an Accredited Partner what does that mean ? I have a few operational questions so wouldn't mind sitting in front of my screen with a knowledgable person and answer my questions Thanks

David

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,232 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

I am Professional Partner allowing me to sell the Reckon product with additional training to make me a Accredited Consultant able to assist clients.

In no way am I being paid by Reckon for my assistance on this forum.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• GerryWinter
    Options

Sorry Kevin this wont work in the Personal Plus range.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• GerryWinter
    Options

David,

Let me log in and have a look for you this afternoon, just wont to confirm location, naming etc

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"