Shares Input wrong

Options

Hi, I have entered a new lot of share in the transaction box. When I go to holding overview there is different information being displayed.

Shares brought 12,000 on the 7/4 not 11,000. 1,000 share have been added to get the right total by the program.

Cost basis was $97,756.35, not what is showing. I have deleted this transaction 3 times and shut the computer. Then re-enter the information again to get the same answer.

Also entered a different holding which worked out fine ??

Any suggestion would help. Thanks

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

@Punter1955

Which version of the Reckon Personal software are you using?

Does this same behaviour occur on any and all transactions you attempt to enter? Have you noticed this same pattern in the past or the first time?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Punter1955
    Punter1955 Member Posts: 5
    Options

Hi Rav,

Reckon Personal Plus 2020 Release R1.

No it only happens with this transaction. I have delete the holdings then entered a dummy holding and it records correctly. (2 decimal places)

The only thing that I have done for the first time Is entered the share price to 4 decimal places. Eg $8.1374. I need to do this to get the correct cost basis.

Thank you for getting back to me.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

I have delete the holdings then entered a dummy holding and it records correctly. (2 decimal places)

When you did the above was the dummy holding for the same share?

As a test, if you enter the same share at 2 decimal places, does it then show correctly?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Punter1955
    Options

No, stays the same.

I do not know why why the screen shot share holdings do not show the total brought as 12,000 on the 7/4/21. See screen shot from first post. It shows 11,000 on the 7/4/21, but the total above is right. Have tried the 2 decimal places with no change.

• Punter1955
    Options

I have also notice that the Cost Base changes every time I down load the daily stock figures.

Thank you for looking at my issue.

• Punter1955
    Options

Now one of my accounts is adding instead of subtracting amount when it is being transferred?