Final pay run for permanent staff

Options
buds
buds Member Posts: 3

Hi,

I'm needing to process the final pay run for a permanent staff member next week (the first time i've needed to do this). I know I'll need to pay out the staff members annual leave however is there anything specific that I need to do to mark it as the final pay run?

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Deepak Gyawali
    Deepak Gyawali Reckon Staff Posts: 61 Reckon Staff
    Options

Hi Buds,

From the employee record, you can enter the termination date and then proceed to create a payrun and pay any entitlements. Once done, when you process the stp, please make sure this employee is included in the reports so that ATO goes to the ATO as terminated.

Kind regards,

Deepak Gyawali

• buds
    buds Member Posts: 3
    Options

Thanks for the reply Deepak!

If i just put the payrun to STP as per normal will it automatically mark it as the final payrun for this employee or do i need to select a last pay/terminate box when I'm authorising the STP?

Thanks

• Deepak Gyawali
    Deepak Gyawali Reckon Staff Posts: 61 Reckon Staff
    Options

Hi Buds,

It will mark as terminated in the reports only if the termination date is entered in the employee record. Termination date is the flag for ATO to mark as final payment. This still needs to be finalized at the end of year with End of financial reports along with all employees.

Kind regards,

Deepak Gyawali