Setting to prevent Reckon (QB) from opening in a single user mode by default

Options
Dianita
Dianita Member Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hello good morning Team,

Is there a function in QB settings (Reckon Accounts Enterprise 2020) that can make the default logins as multi-user mode? We notice that the setting has recently (in the last few months) changed from multi user mode to suddenly by default, single user. So each morning, the very first person logging in has to check and switch to multi user mode so that everyone else can get in. The issue with this is, because this is very new to us and we never had to do it before, someone is bound to forget to check.

A single bad occurrence is what it will take to delay everything which was happened to us today. We couldn't get in for a good solid hour and had to involve our IT person who tried many different things to kill off the session so that everyone could log back in.

Any tips at all to resolve would be really great. What we are after is a setting that can be enabled so that people do not need to check each time. This solution (in snapshot below) from one of the discussions is a solution, but NOT something we would like to adopt as it still involves a human person to do it each time and we would like to avoid that as much we can.

Thanks and regards,

Nita

Comments

• Dianita
    Options

Does the Reckon team have any update on this one? It does still bother us from time to time. Is there a way to make it by default login in a multi-user mode?

Thanks,

Nita

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,065 Reckon Staff
    Options

Hi Dianita,

Recommend you review the support article.

When the Reckon Accounts software is installed on a computer, it could be in one of the following ways.

a) Install Reckon Accounts with the Company File Sever

b) Install Reckon Accounts Only

c) Install Reckon Accounts Company file Server Only

Look at where your company data file (QBW) is currently stored.

For example, is the QBW file:

a) on a particular persons computer

b) on a separate network accessible location (server)

Is any specific user running their installation of the Reckon Accounts software as the 'Hosting' machine or is the server computer running with the 'company file server only' installation the one being the 'host'?

• Dianita
    Options

Hello Team,

Thanks for this. I ran your questions by our dedicated IT person here as I have no idea what the answers are. His reply is below:

'The QBW runs on a single server as the company file server and the clients are all installed with the client only'

Does this help? He also mentioned that there was no prompt or setting to change during installation for single or multi-user mode.

Just to clarify, we can and do run the software in multi-user environment. However, what we want to know is if it is possible to make it by default open in multi-user environment and (only when needed) change to single user. The default single user mode in the mornings have been causing some issues recently. Thanks

Regards,

Nita

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,065 Reckon Staff
    Options

The response from your IT team is what we would typically expect for a correct setup.

There is no prompt or setting to have the file automatically open up in either single or multi-user mode.

Is the issue you are experiencing whereby the file is ending up being opened in single-user mode a recent occurrence?

In a test done on one of our own files, we opened a file in multi-user mode and then had other users connect to that data file.

Then when all users log off the data file, either by simply closing the entire program of by clicking the File | Close Company menu.

The next time the file is opened, it remains in multi-user mode.

• Dianita
    Options

Hello Team,

Yes, this issue only started in the recent months. It does seem that every morning, the very first user who accesses a file gets logged in as a single user regardless of the file being last opened in single or multi-user mode. So, it does seem that it resets itself to single user mode every morning/ day.

Something very strange happened yesterday, our Director logged in at around 5.30 pm and did not realise he was on single user mode. I reached out to all the users to check if they were logged in around 8.30pm last night (because many people complain to me that they couldn't get in the system to do after hour work at 5.30-6 pm). My earlier theory that this happened only at the start of the day was unfortunately not proven in this scenario. And this also overruled your suggestion that it is based on the last mode the previous user logging in. No one but myself and Financial controller would use the single user mode and I logged out at 2pm with multi user mode and he was on annual leave. Most staff members (users) do not even know how to convert to the other mode (even though it is so easy and simple to do). Since we were all using it, everyone would have been in multi user mode.

I guess, since there is no resolution, we will just have to manually check the login every time we get logged in. Unless you have a different suggestion that we can do for this?

Thanks and regards,

Nita