Difficulty activating Quicken Personal 2011

Options

I have had Quicken Personal 2011 for the past ten years (Quicken 2001 before that). A few days ago the program wouldn't open and instead a message appeared saying the license had expired. I contacted Reckon (in Australia) by 'phone and was given an activation key. I used that key but couldn't activate the program. I contacted Reckon again and spoke to another representative and was advised to uninstall the program and then reinstall it. I uninstalled the program but Windows 10 blocked me from reinstalling it. After 4 hours of searching help forums online I was finally able to reinstall the program. I thought my problems were over - but no they weren't. I needed to activate the program by using the Installation Key supplied when I bought the program. Activation would not proceed via the internet so I rang Reckon again and spoke to another representative who suggested I send him a screen shot. I did this. I then received an email thanking me for registering this program - even though I still can't activate it.

This morning I again rang Reckon and spoke to another representative who told me that it appears that I needed to see if I could find a solution using the Reckon Community help online. So here I am hoping for a solution to my problem.

It appears to me (no way am I computer expert) that my computer fails to connect over the internet for the activation process to succeed. I have adjusted the the startup procedure for my computer as suggested in Reckon forum but I still cannot activate my program.

I am hoping that someone has a solution to help me activate my program that has served me really well and which contains all my home financial matters for the past twenty years.

I must stress that all representatives of Reckon with whom I have dealt have done their best to help me and they have been very patient in their dealings with me.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Battersea45

If you hop over to our activation page which I'll link below and kick off a chat with one our product activation team members we should be able to get this straightened out for you.

Click on the 'Start Online Chat' button on that page and enter in the details you're prompted for. A team member will then be in touch to get your software activated.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Battersea45
    Battersea45 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi Rav,

Thanks for your prompt response. I have done as you suggested and I am waiting for someone to get in touch with me.

• Battersea45
    Battersea45 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi Rav,

I have had wonderful support from Reckon and have finally been able to have my Quicken program activated via the telephone after the exchange of a number of emails. The patience and professionalism of the representative who assisted me was of the highest order.

Thank you

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

That's absolutely wonderful to hear 😊. Glad to hear you've been able to get activated now and thanks again for your feedback.

Cheers 👍️

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.