Personal Plus available in the cloud??

Options

Hi all. I have been using Personal Plus for nearly 20 years and currently have a 2015 PP licence. I travel a lot for work and do not want to install Personal Plus on my work laptop so I always have to wait until I am at home to update Reckon on my own laptop. Is Reckon Personal Plus available in the cloud so I can access it from anywhere? Thanks so much. Carol

Comments

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,232 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

No its not and probably not so in the near future. There may be some thing we can do, call me.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• jfennel
    jfennel Member Posts: 3
    Options

I have been a Personal Plus (including its antecedents) user since 1996. Even though it has hardly changed since then, it remains the best software I can find to manage both personal daily cashflow and investments. The two things it could do to improve dramatically are 1) migrate to the cloud and 2) introduce bank feeds. In other words, the two things that Xero has used to grow from a start up to a $20bn company in 10 years less time than I have been using Personal Plus! I believe Reckon could be the Xero of personal finances should it do this. I would welcome someone from Reckon to tell me why it would not want to do this.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

@jfennel As we discussed in our PM conversation earlier this month, and for others following/interested in this discussion.

There are no plans to incorporate cloud functionality into the Reckon Personal Range as it currently exists. The (much) longer term plan is to incorporate the unique features of the Personal Range into our existing cloud service, Reckon One. Doing so will also open it to new workflows and functionality such as bank feeds as you've alluded to @jfennel.

There is a LOT to scope with this project and from what I understand there are a multitude of considerations and moving parts to it as well. This doesn't just include the feature/functionality set but also data migration, interoperability, time/budget/resource considerations, what it will look like, work, the user experience/journey etc etc.

It is something that is on the radar in a longer term capacity but to be transparent is not something that will happen in the next 2-3 years from my estimation.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• jfennel
    jfennel Member Posts: 3
    Options

Thanks Rav and yes, you did mention the plan regarding Reckon One which had slipped my mind when I wrote the above post.

I do appreciate you putting this plan on the record and I personally would like to see Reckon provide more details and regular updates on the plan. This might engender some goodwill within the user base which I think would be a welcome development given that, for as long as I can recall, Personal Plus has seemed to be a very much neglected member of the Reckon product suite.

• Jonathan Fennel
    Jonathan Fennel Member Posts: 5
    Options

Hi Rav, is there any update to this?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Jonathan Fennel

There haven't been any changes in this area, its still on the cards but as I mentioned very much on the longer term.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Jonathan Fennel
    Jonathan Fennel Member Posts: 5
    Options

Hi Rav, it would be helpful if you could nominate a specific timeframe in years as just saying "very much in the longer term" does not gel to me with the statement "it's still on the cards".

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,232 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

It wont be a cloud product as they are working on Reckon One to do something similar as Personal Plus but it wont happen soon.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Rav
    Options

@Jonathan Fennel

I wish I could Jonathan but I can't do that as there is no timeframe for it at this point which is why I've left it as 'long term' and I'd rather not speculate either.

We've got a fair few things going on at the moment which will see us through moving forward into the near future such as incorporating STP Phase 2 requirements into our payroll-capable software, feature enhancement and expansion of the Reckon Payroll App service as just a couple of examples among others.