Completing Employee Details

bethzk
bethzk Member Posts: 2 ✭
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

I was trying to do a pay run as my first entry for July 2021 but this Payroll App was saying my employee details are incomplete. I tried to fill out missing info by going through each tab - Personal - Contact - Employment - Tax - more than 3x actually but nothing is being saved. So frustrating. Need advice please.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @bethzk

You need to ensure you complete ALL tabs in the employee profile with the necessary information for it to save successfully. You may need to swipe across to view the other tabs and I'll attach a screenshot below to hopefully illustrate what I mean.

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• bethzk
    bethzk Member Posts: 2 ✭

Thanks Rav. I followed your advice and after a few frustrating attempts I successfully did it. I was able to enter my first Pay run for July 2021 🙂 finally. A bit relieved at that stage though I still ask myself if the Pay run I submitted to ATO has been approved by ATO or not. In the Single Touch Payroll I would see the remarks 1) Submitted and the date I submitted the Pay run and 2) Approved by ATO and the corresponding date. With this Reckon Payroll I only see Done after a Pay run has been submitted. Would the remark Done mean ATO has approved my submission/s?

Another concern I have is this .... I migrated from STP to Reckon Payroll on the 25 June 2021 hoping I can enter my 30th June 2021 Pay run and complete the EOFY 2020-2021with Reckon Payroll. Unfortunately I encountered that problem I posted earlier (completing employee's information). So then I submitted my 30th June 2021 Pay run to ATO via STP knowing I would not be able to enter any more Pay runs comes 1st July 2021. I also created an Update Event to come up with correct figures for Total gross pay - Total tax withheld - Total superannuation. Then I submitted my Pay summary for FY 2020-2021 through STP. Since we cannot migrate twice the info migrated from STP to Reckon Payroll show my entries up until 25 June 2021 only. Also the amounts in the Pay summary are not the corrected ones. Is this situation going to affect my Pay summary reporting for Financial year 2021-2022? Your kind advise will be much appreciated. Thanking you.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @bethzk

Glad to hear you were able to get past this stage and sent through your first submission 🙂

Would the remark Done mean ATO has approved my submission/s?

Ok, with the Payroll App you have two tabs on the 'Pay Runs' screen; Pay Runs and STP. So as the name suggests, the Pay Runs tab will hold all the pay runs that you create in the Payroll app, whether they are completed, draft etc.

The STP tab on the other hand will only show the STP submissions that have been sent through for any of those pay runs that you created and sent to the ATO after passing the 'Declaration' stage. If you've migrated from the STP app, you'll also find your submissions that were previously sent from the STP app in this tab as well.

I migrated from STP to Reckon Payroll on the 25 June 2021 hoping I can enter my 30th June 2021 Pay run and complete the EOFY 2020-2021with Reckon Payroll. Unfortunately I encountered that problem I posted earlier (completing employee's information). So then I submitted my 30th June 2021 Pay run to ATO via STP knowing I would not be able to enter any more Pay runs comes 1st July 2021. I also created an Update Event to come up with correct figures for Total gross pay - Total tax withheld - Total superannuation. Then I submitted my Pay summary for FY 2020-2021 through STP. Since we cannot migrate twice the info migrated from STP to Reckon Payroll show my entries up until 25 June 2021 only. Also the amounts in the Pay summary are not the corrected ones. Is this situation going to affect my Pay summary reporting for Financial year 2021-2022?

If you've finalised your 2020/21 year in the STP app then no you won't need to do anything further. The balances will remain as they are in the Payroll App but you can just leave it as that, there won't be any issue with your 2021/22 reporting.

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.