Reckon payroll app - migration problem

cylon
cylon Member Posts: 4
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Hi I've just loaded the Payroll app on my tablet, after previously using the free STP app.

I logged in OK and chose to migrate my previous STP info, but that did not seem to complete properly and now I am stuck in the "Something went wrong We can't complete your request..." loop.

I was the first time I had logged into the app (no previous demos or migrations)

Any help welcome.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @cylon

There's a few things I'd recommend checking over in your STP app account first before we do anything else.

1.) Employee details

Verify that employee details entered are complete and correct on the STP app. Date of birthFirst and last name fields cannot be left blank. Email address format must not contain invalid characters or spaces (screenshot example below). Checked terminated employee's details as well.

2.) Company details

Verify the company details entered are complete and correct on the STP app. Remove any invalid characters from company details.

After you have verified that all employee and company details are correct, you can sign into Payroll app with your STP user account to start moving across to the Payroll app.

Once you've checked that over and filled out any missing info, let me know your ABN and I'll check if everything on our end is all good for you to try again.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• cylon

Hi Rav,

thanks for that, I logged into the STP app and did update a few missing fields in employee info as you suggested, and I verified that the company details are correct.

However I am still getting the "something went wrong" message when logging into the new Payroll app.

My ABN is 86 088 499 218

Thanks

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me @cylon

I've had a look at your account using the ABN you've provided and there is one other thing that is going on which is causing the problem.

You have a Reckon One book under the same email address as your Payroll App account which on its own is absolutely fine. But the trouble is that the Reckon One book has the exact same name as the account you've created on the Payroll App as well which it doesn't like.

If you rename your Reckon One book slightly this will help in getting your migration over the line BUT after you do rename the book just come back here and let me know that its done. There is one other configuration task that I'll need to do before you can try the migration again.

To rename your Reckon One book, just login to Reckon One as you normally would here - https://portal.reckon.com/

I've made a quick screen recording below which outlines how to update a Reckon One book name -

Let me know when you've renamed the Reckon One book and we'll get the last step sorted out after.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• cylon

Rav,

I have now renamed my Reckon One book.

thanks.

• Rav

Awesome thanks @cylon

I've just completed the configuration for your account as well. If you go ahead and try the migration again now it should be ok but please do let me know if you still have any trouble at all.

• cylon

Rav, I have successfully migrated now. Thanks for your assistance.

• Lindsay_10221874
    Lindsay_10221874 Member Posts: 9

I have migrated our company from STP to Payroll app. The company details have transferred correctly but the employee details (1 employee) did not migrate at all. I cannot add pay runs without the employee details. I will appreciate some help with this.

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert

In employee settings page in old STP app check if the TFN of employee is correct. The new payroll app is very sensitive to ATO registered details of employee - including TFN and State etc.

https://help.reckon.com/article/uz5x44p19d-reckon-payroll-app-adding-employees#tax