Frozen screen migrating data

peterbehrens
peterbehrens Member Posts: 4 ✭
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

I have downloaded the mobile payroll app on my iphone and signed in using my STP passwords. Now a screen saying Migrate existing data has come up and frozen. There is no way of getting past this step. I have uninstalled and re-installed the app but it keeps opening with the frozen page

Comments

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert

@peterbehrens When you say Migrating screen is frozen are you able to see a blue band on the bottom of screen with title "Yes Migrate from STP app". Does nothing happen when you click this blue band?

• peterbehrens

I cannot see a blue band with the title 'Yes Migrate'. The screen shows down to the words "need to use the Reckon Single" and that's it. The screen cannot be dragged in any direction.

• swakhlu01 .

@peterbehrens It is possible your mobile phone display is set to zoom mode. Exit the payroll app and in the phone settings select default mode for the display (depending on what your phone type is). Then restart the Payroll app and check the blue band shows up.

Refer step 5 in this instruction to confirm what you should press to complete the migration.

https://help.reckon.com/article/82huxc9p8x-migrate-to-payroll-app

• peterbehrens

My phone was not on zoom mode but I adjusted the font size and that allowed me to see the blue line and press the"Yes Migrate" button. This brought up the next page but in the migration stage I am now getting a something went wrong message so I will now follow this thread.

• swakhlu01 .

@peterbehrens @Rav Yes, looks like definitely something for the Reckon support team to handle. Good luck.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @peterbehrens

The 'Something went wrong' error message has two potential causes;

• There is some missing info in your STP app account that needs completion before trying the migration again (there's info on this here)
    • There is a Reckon One book (active or cancelled) with the exact same name that you've given your Payroll App account under your email address which the app doesn't play nice with just yet.

If you shoot over your ABN, I can do a few checks on my end in regard to the second point.

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.