Reckon Free App - saving Incomplete Employee data

michaelp
michaelp Member Posts: 4
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

I've tried several times to complete an "Incomplete" employee. Reckon will save employee updates when I "Save" before moving to the next page of information, but it won't keep the changes on getting out of that employee's file and back to pay runs. I've tried many many times and it's extremely frustrating to have to arrow back to early 2000s to enter a birthdate every time I have redone trying to complete this one employee (there is only one employee in total). Thanks.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @michaelp

If the employee profile remains in an incomplete state then there will be a field(s) that still require completion. You don't need to save after completing each individual tab but its crucial that each and every tab is completed and contains info before it will save successfully.

You'll need to scroll across to see other tabs in the employee profile that require info.

In regard to entering a date of birth for an employee, an easier way as opposed to scrolling back the individual months is to use the calendar scroller/picker. It depends on whether you're using Android or iOS but I'll add a video below for Android and screenshots for iOS.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• michaelp

Thank you. That is helpful for the DOB.

However, once I'd entered all of the missing information on each page (email/employment status/mobile) and 'saved' as I went from page to page the IOS app wouldn't let me save the employee and return to the pay run page and retain the new information. It went back to being an 'incomplete' employee and I was unable to post any pay runs.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Did you complete each and every tab in the employee profile before opting to press SAVE? ie. did you scroll across the tabs to complete them all?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• michaelp

I'd read previous threads and would complete new information on a page 1 and save then move to page 2 and enter and save then page 3 and save. Any final save wouldn't let me out of the employee page.

Should I just enter the new information on all pages and then just do the one save at the end then?

• Rav

Yes. But make sure that you are completing ALL tabs and not just the ones you see on-screen. Swipe across the tabs to access the others such as Leave, Tax etc and complete the fields within them.

• michaelp

Thank you for all of that help. Using the mobile app it is difficult to see all of these options to make entering easy and complete. However thank you for the free app and assistance with getting the new one up and running for us. Have a great day. 😁

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert

@michaelp For the free basic Payroll App it is possible to view everything you have entered through the phone app by going to https://payroll.reckon.com/login on the computer web browser. You can view the employee details and any other information and then make updates if required on the mobile phone app. Make sure you exit the community help site before you login.