Multiple installations of Accounts Desktop

JuliaSanders
JuliaSanders Member Posts: 16 Reckoner Reckoner
edited October 2021 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

Hello,

We have an Accounts Desktop Enterprise 5 user licence installed on our server at present.

Our client would like to access their Reckon financial data. We've proposed they buy their own licence and we will supply file backups that they can restore and open to access their own reports etc. We've set up a user profile that is read only.

They've been advised they don't need to buy a licence, they can install the software using our licence key. Apparently the second installation will be read only. So along with a user profile that is read only they will have very limited capabilities.

Our understanding is that any new installation will override the existing installation on our server.

Can someone please confirm?

@Rav

Answers

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,342 Personal Range Elite Expert Personal Range Expert

That should not happen to your installation and they can use 1 or more of the 5 user license. They just need to be setup correctly.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,400 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Julia Sanders

The best practice is that the client should not be using one of your licenses.

We've proposed they buy their own licence and we will supply file backups that they can restore and open to access their own reports etc.

What you've outlined above is ideally what should happen.

I'd say maybe a chat with our Customer Service team to better understand what's going on and what they'd like to achieve might be a good next step here.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,342 Personal Range Elite Expert Personal Range Expert

Sorry my understanding was that the client is part of your organization, Rav is correct.

I can also give your client a special price at the moment.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• JuliaSanders
    JuliaSanders Member Posts: 16 Reckoner Reckoner

Thanks guys @Rav @GerryWinter.

As mentioned, the client is outside of our organisation. Turns out they want to use our installation key and have been told that so long as they don't activate then all will be well. I have great reservations. As stated before, I understand a second installation using the key will disable our installation, whether the second installation is activated or not. I've spoken to tech support who weren't really clear and gave me little confidence to proceed. Will chat to customer service and hopefully get this sorted.

• GerryWinter

That ain't gunna work for them, don't give in.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"