How change the Book's default terms

Options
Jean_10862158
Jean_10862158 Member Posts: 49

Hi, When trying to change one customer's terms from Net on Receipt, to 60 days, I also clicked on "make default", thinking this would apply always to this one customer. Not so, it went to every customer. So I deleted the 60 days terms, but I can't get the Net on Receipt to be the general default again. Could someone explain where I do this please?

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Jean,

Can you step me through the process you went through on setting the particular term for your customer?

I'm adding a screenshot below which shows how to add a specific payment term to a particular customer without it affecting others when you create an invoice.

The second screenshot example below shows when a payment term can be selected as the default term in its setup which I have a feeling might have happened in this case and is why you're not able to see the 'Due on Receipt' option.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Jean_10862158
    Options

It is hard to remember the path I took, but the first screen shot, looks like the one where I changed a customer to 60 days, and a "default" tick box appeared, so I ticked that. I now tried again, when the terms that I want are not showing, create a new one, and there it shows a tick box labelled "default". This is the one I ticked the first time, but it appeared to make it the default for everyone. So I deleted it. It is now back to "use the book default term"

I haven't been able to find where the book default term comes from. I've been to various places to do with terms, but there is no edit option on them. There is ADD, DELETE, MARK AS Active or Inactive, you can add more, and review history. But no edit. This is under Settings->General Settings -> Day to Day -> Money In -> and there is a Payment terms options there. But no edit. I can't find the place where your 2nd screen shot comes from.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

I haven't been able to find where the book default term comes from. I've been to various places to do with terms, but there is no edit option on them. There is ADD, DELETE, MARK AS Active or Inactive, you can add more, and review history. But no edit. This is under Settings->General Settings -> Day to Day -> Money In -> and there is a Payment terms options there. But no edit. I can't find the place where your 2nd screen shot comes from.

So in the same place as what you've outlined above, if you click on one of the payment terms itself it will allow you to edit it and/or edit its configuration including setting the specific term as default.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Jean_10862158
    Options

Thank you, having come from 20 years with Quickbooks/Reckon Plus, trying to find things in Reckon One is so different.

• Rav
    Options

No problem at all Jean, there's certainly a learning curve when changing over from software you've been so familiar with for a long time. Sing out if you need a hand in future.