lost program

brimalholdings
brimalholdings Member Posts: 2

good morning. our computer was compromised and has been wiped clean. we are unable to re-install our reckon program. can you please help Brian Rickard.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @brimalholdings

This post has been created in the Reckon One product category which is a cloud accounting service and doesn't require installation on your PC. I'm guessing you're using some other Reckon software, is that correct?

If you're using Reckon Accounts (Desktop) then you'll be able to download your software by logging into the Members Area which I'll link below with your Customer ID & PIN.

Once you're in click on 'Download Software' on the left and then select the software from the list. You'll also find your installation key details there as well.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• brimalholdings
    brimalholdings Member Posts: 2

Hi,

turns out i use Quicken Home Business 2012 desktop application. Not the online version.

Thankyou for your help

• Omar_ReckonLtd
    Omar_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 81 Reckon Staff

Hi Brian,

Can you clarify what is preventing you from re-installing the software?

a) You do not have the installation CD or installer software

b) You are experiencing a specific error message

c) You are not able to activate the software

d) ______________________________

Do you have your actual data file set, especially the primary data file that actually contains the financial transactions?

This would be a set of files, the main one will have a ".QDF" file extension.

Example: QDATA.QDF

Do you have backup copies on an external USB flash drive or other storage media?

If you do have the current data file, but not the installer media or are having problems activating that very old software, consider getting the current version software and upgrading your data file to that newer format.