Wrong PAYG entered for Backpacker

Cheryl Williams
Cheryl Williams Member Posts: 4
edited December 2021 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

I have situation where the wrong tax percentage was entered for an employee who is a working holiday maker. The tax rate has been rectified in Reckon Plus 2021, back to the 15% rate. The backpacker had not informed me of my mistake [which it is!] was put on to the 2-TFT [white paper info followed] he now has reported the mistake and would like to get the difference returned as pay or put into bank account. The time frame was over a four pay run period. I have read some discussions on adding a deduction for the amount of this difference, then clear the deduction with a cheque or deposit. Even thought of doing an adjustment for the one employee in a pay run of the dates made. But I do not want to make a major mess of this all, so I am willing to accept help from you professionals out there.



  • Acctd4
    Acctd4 Accredited Partner Posts: 3,404 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

    Hi Malcolm

    Work out what the total net pay difference is then create a new Paycheque for it - You might want to set up a new Payroll Item (eg Net Pay Topup configured for no PAYG or Super as that should have calculated on the original gross)

    NB: You may need to do a YTD Adjustment to correct the PAYG as this can’t be minused on a Paycheque.

    This will then ensure the YTD amounts are also all correct.

    Shaz Hughes Dip(Fin) ACQ NSW, MICB

    *** Reckon Accredited Partner (AP) Bookkeeper - specialising EXCLUSIVELY in Reckon Accounts / Hosted ! ***

    * Regd BAS Agent (No: 92314 015)* ICB-Certified Bookkeeper* Snr Seasonal Tax Consultant since 2003 *

    Accounted 4 Bookkeeping Services

    Ballajura, WA



    (NB: Please give my post a Like or mark as Accepted Answer if I have been able to resolve your query as this helps others when seeking solutions!)
  • Cheryl Williams
    Cheryl Williams Member Posts: 4

    Thank you it work out fine.