Lodging BAS for first time: "The periods start date cannot be earlier than the book start date."

hraftery
hraftery Member Posts: 3

I'm trying to lodge my first BAS (with Reckon One at least) for the last quarter, as required by the ATO. When I go to "Create BAS" and select "Quarter 2 - October to December 2021", I get the error message:

The periods start date cannot be earlier than the book start date.

Can a company's first BAS really not be completed in Reckon One, unless you start on the first day of the quarter?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,380 Community Manager Community Manager

@hraftery

Based on that message it sounds like the date you've set as your 'Book Start Date' needs to be altered so it covers the relevant period that you're reporting.

You'll find the Book Start Date in your 'Book Settings' by clicking the Settings symbol in the top right corner (screenshot below).

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• hraftery
    hraftery Member Posts: 3

Oh I see, thank you. Rather than fabricate something so fundamental, I opted to generate a monthly BAS report instead. Given Reckon doesn't submit them anyway, I only needed it to produce the numbers. Good to know.