Attempting to create another pay run

Options
System
System Member Posts: 233 Moderator Moderator
This discussion was created from comments split from: How to activate free Basic plan on new Reckon Payroll app?.

Comments

• dng9
    dng9 Member Posts: 6 ✭
    edited February 2022
    Options

hi. I believe I have 'upgraded' to the free basic plan and have done 2 payruns 3 mths back,but I need to do another payrun.However,I am not able to see any plus sign on top right,consequently not able to do another payrun in the mobile app.Please help thks

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert
    Options

@dng9 Maybe you need to confirm you have current version of the app 2.19.74. Also sometimes the mobile phone display settings can interfere with app's menus. Ensure the display setting is at default zoom.

• dng9
    Options

hi. I am on the free basic plan.

How do I add another employer to my account?

thks

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @dng9

Just looping back to the first post, have you now been able to create a new pay run?

How do I add another employer to my account?

Secondly, are you looking to create a brand new employee?

If so, we've got a help guide which will step you through how to do this. I've linked it below -

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• dng9
    edited February 2022
    Options

hi. I currently have my company registered with reckon app. but I personally am also employing someone so I need to pay my super personally( to a different employee) as well as through my companyThks

• swakhlu01 .
    Options

@dng9 I would suggest you may need to seek guidance from a registered tax accountant who can explain the purpose of the STP reporting and how to use apps like Reckon Payroll to achieve that. I am getting an impression you require a Superanuation payment gateway. There may be aother Reckon apps that might achieve that.

• dng9
    Options

no. I am not looking for a payment gateway, but with the 1 app, I want to be able to have 2 separate employer ( not employee) acs, to do my reporting

• swakhlu01 .
    Options

@dng9 Thanks for clarifying. Please confirm if you are able to use the App with your current registration. Your earlier posts indicated you had some issues with submitting payruns.

If you want to report for two separate employers then it is likely you will have to create another employer account and login using the relevant employer login for reporting after going through the employer setting process. It might be same app but two different accounts. Once you create the new employer account you will have to be register the Software ID with the ATO so that the reports get lodged under the correct account in ATO.

Now that your issue is becoming clearer it might be better to seek confirmation from the Reckon Community support team before you take any further action on this.

• dng9
    Options

yes ,I am able to use my ac ...

So can you explain how I can create another employer ac with the same reckon app?

thks

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

@dng9

The Payroll App operates at a singular ABN-per-account level meaning that each account can only have one company/ABN registered to your account at any time.

I currently have my company registered with reckon app. but I personally am also employing someone so I need to pay my super personally( to a different employee) as well as through my company

I'm still a little unclear as to your requirements with the above description. Are you saying you have a separate ABN ie. company that you wish to register into the Payroll App? If so, that will require a separate account with its own ABN registration and Software ID.

Something to note, you will not be able to only report only superannuation in a pay run for an employee separately without gross pay or tax components. Super is calculated from the earning pay item value once the monthly $450 threshold has been met.

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• dng9
    Options

hi,sorry for this late reply....yes I do have another abn....so I need to register a separate ac.....will the same app allow me to register a 2nd Ac?

If so or if not, please tell me how I can do it.

Thks

• Rav
    Options

If you need to create an account for another ABN then you'll need to sign out of the existing account then follow the prompts to create a brand new account for the other ABN.

The new account must be registered under its own separate email address.

I know you've mentioned you're on the free basic tier plan so this might not be relevant but just something to note is, you can only have one Premium (paid) plan per Android/Google and/or Apple account. Again as you're on the free basic plan this isn't relevant but just in case you decide to upgrade later on in future.

For more info on how to create a new account on the Payroll App please see the video below. Please note, the below video is for creating a brand NEW account on the app and not migrating from the former (retired) STP app.