new Payrun of 28Feb showing up as an update in STP tab

swakhlu01 .
swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert

@Rav noticed a new Payrun done today (28 Feb) showed a report date of 27 Feb in the employees ATO Income statement. Also Payroll app is showing it as an update event of 28 Feb.

All YTD amounts are correct. Any thoughts please.

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @swakhlu01 .

Hmmm that's interesting. Just to confirm was this a brand new pay run created from scratch ie. going through the usual 'new' pay run process?

Putting the dates aside for a sec, if its showing as an Update Event in the app I would normally think an existing pay run was edited and the 'adjustment' option ticked but that's quite a few steps to go through.

Also, was it the 'reported date' that the employee noticed the date listed as 27 Feb?

Screenshot example to the left is one from my own income statement just as a reference.

Were there any submissions sent through for this employee on the 27th?

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• swakhlu01 .

@Rav definitely no previous payrun for that period. First time entered on 28Feb. Payruns are monthly. Employee income statement has Reported date 27Feb.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Actually just had another thought, what was the 'Pay Date' for this pay run?

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• swakhlu01 .
    edited March 2022

@Rav definitely pay date is 28Feb. Shows that in both the payrun and STP tabs.

• Rav

I've shot a message over to one of our STP guru's to see if they've come across this sort of thing before, unfortunately I haven't so not sure why that would be happening to be honest.

I'll keep you posted.

• Rav

Hi @swakhlu01 .,

Ok so we've been having a chat about the situation that you've highlighted and honestly we're a bit stumped as to why there is an inconsistency with the reported pay date as we can't see any reason there should be. Our STP expert did suggest that it might be worth having a chat with the ATO to get their perspective on it as the designated pay date is the determining factor for the reporting period that the submission falls in. Perhaps that might be worth a try?