Using Reckon in an eCommerce setting

Derma_Care
Derma_Care Member Posts: 5

Hi,

there seem to be some add ons for certain ecommerce platforms but they don't include the one I'm considering, RocketSpark. I'm a newbie in this space so forgive me if this is obvious. I have searched the community forum but can't get pointers.

My question is how will the process work. My start assumption is the ecommerce store will raise an invoice provide payment options and then produce a CSV file that I need to import into Reckon Hosted in order to process the sale and update inventory. Ideally I would like to produce a picking slip that the warehouse can then use.

Is this straightforward, or common?

Thanks!

Comments

• cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

Call Rocket Spark if they will care to integrate for you and free.

Or if they can produce CSV file

Then we can create import tool to create sales in RAH.

1st bet call them .

We do already have this toll ready for Sales Order and Tax Invoice

Call me If you need further info

Chandra

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,380 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2022

Hi @Derma_Care

Reckon Accounts Hosted natively supports importing via IIF file. Its hard to comment on what the process would look like with a platform that doesn't integrate via Hosted's API but any output from Rocket Spark would either need to be an IIF file or you'd need to convert an export from their platform into a IIF file, but more specifically in the format that Reckon Accounts Hosted can read it.

There's good breakdown on the required IIF format in Hosted's in-product help directory.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Derma_Care
    Derma_Care Member Posts: 5

Hello,

First of all thanks to everyone for their input, pointers to IIF format very helpful. Much appreciated.

I had already reached out to RocketSpark. Always cautious what software vendors say about their products and so thought to reach out here. Outcome of discussions with RocketSpark is that they have added integration with Reckon as a feature request but not to expect anything anytime soon. It is the first time they have every received such a request. Reckon is now on their radar. For anyone who might be interested I was eventually pointed to these pages (which don't seem to be linked from their main site anywhere, nor appear in searches).

https://support.rocketspark.com/hc/en-us/categories/115001573728-Online-Shop-E-Commerce

I am revisiting my shopping cart provider options to get a better outcome. Open to suggestions at this point.

Cheers!

• cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭

Hello Derma Care

If you have not got a proper outcome , then if you provide us a csv dump of of your sales , we can get you going .

You can use it for Free for next 3 months . i am sure by that time you can decide which way to go

CHANDRA

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009