2 x FY20/21 EOFY Reports

Options
heathroberts
heathroberts Member Posts: 10
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Hi everyone.

I'm a Reakon Payroll App (phone app) user, trying to do my 2020-21 tax return.

For some reason I have two 2020-21 EOFY Reports in Reakon (payruns section) - I have no doubt I've created this problem 😉 but at the end of the day, one is correct, one is incorrect … and both are reporting to ATO so the ATO reported income is both incorrect and way too high.

How do I get rid of the incorrect one?

Interestingly, when I go out of the EOFY Reports (payruns section) where the above applies and go to my 'Employee' section there is the one employee (me) and the Pay Summary section there for the 2020-21 year is the correct one of the two above.

I'd really appreciate some help; I work best with complex systems like abacuses, shovels etc, so this is out of my hitting zone …

Thanks, Heath.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi there Heath,

I just want you to test something, tap the + button ➡️ select the 'End of Financial Year' option ➡️ tap FY20/21

The screen should then show all your employee(s) who have been paid throughout the 2020/21 year and their total balances. Can you just confirm whether the balances you see here are correct or are they also higher than they should be?

... one is correct, one is incorrect … and both are reporting to ATO so the ATO reported income is both incorrect and way too high.

Just in regard to the point comment above, usually a subsequent EOFY submission will overwrite a previous one so it shouldn't be 'adding' to the total amounts unless there has been changes to the employee info in particular the TFN. Can you recall of any changes made to employee info such as that sometime previously?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• heathroberts
    Options

Hi there Rav, thanks for coming back to me.

When I do what you say in para 1, it shows two employees; both me. One has the incorrect data, one has the correct data.

The one that has the correct data notes under my name 'Full time' the other has no such notation.

Is there any way I can delete the wrong one? H.

• heathroberts
    Options

… by the way, Rav … there are 'two employees' … Heath Roberts (archived) and Heath Roberts (active) ….

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Right ok thanks for that, this narrows things down a fair bit.

Can you give me a bit of background on this aspect of it, was there any particular reason that there were two employee profiles created and then one archived?

Also, is there a difference between the two profiles in terms of their info?

I'm just going to do some testing first so I can outline some steps for you to do, will come back to you shortly.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• heathroberts
    Options

Hi Rav.

Well they seem identical … and must have the same TFN as both report to the single (me) profile with ATO.

In Reakon the 'active' me says start date 1 July 2020 … the 'archived' me says start date 25 November 2019 but no termination date … perhaps I make it 30 June 2020...?

I think now that I initially started doing STP with another provider then had to migrate over to Reakon … perhaps in the migration over I've entered myself as a separate employee …?

Is there anyway you guys can just go into my profile or account and we can talk through this?

Heath

• Rav
    Options

Hey Heath,

Unfortunately, we can't access your account to check as its protected with Multi Factor Authentication (MFA).

I'm assuming its the 'Archived' employee profile that is the one showing the incorrect balances, is that correct? Do you know if this particular archived employee has been included in any pay runs created within the Payroll App itself ie. after you migrated?

I've been doing a bit of testing to see if I can replicate your situation and here's what I'd suggest you do. Go into the Archived Employee ➡️ Pay Summary ➡️ Update Initial Year to Date ➡️ 2020/21 ➡️ Delete any of the items that appear in this archived employee's profile.

I've created a quick screen recording below to illustrate what I mean below.

Once that is done, create a NEW end of financial year report for 2020/21 (separate to the one you created before from my previous reply) and check if now your active profile is showing in the finalisation. If so, then that's great, send through that finalisation and it will overwrite any previous balances that are currently held.

If not though, let me know.

• heathroberts
    Options

Hi Rav, it's me again.

Mate I just can't get this to work.

In Reakon Payroll, there are two Employees now (although both me) … Heath (active) and Heath (archived).

If I go into Heath (active), then 'pay summary' then 2020-2021, the numbers are x, y, z for gross, tax withheld and super. These numbers are correct.

If I then go into Heath (archived), then 'pay summary' then 2020-2021, the numbers are -,-,- (ie, nothing there).

Now, if I go out of Employees and go to pay runs, then the + in top right corner, then 'End of financial year', then 'FY20/21' the numbers match the x,y,z for Heath (active) … ie, they're correct.

So, this all looks pretty good/aligned from a Reakon Payroll perspective.

However, when I go into the ATO portal, my pre-lodged figures aren't x,y,z as above … they're a,b,c which are the old / obsolete figures that had been 'doubled up' with the correct x,y,z when you and I first started corresponding.

Any other ideas? Heath.

• Rav
    Options

Hi Heath

I'm not really sure what's going on on the ATO portal end of things to be honest BUT what I do know is if you send through a new EOFY finalisation it will OVERWRITE any and all previous balances that are sitting with the ATO for that financial year.

Now, if I go out of Employees and go to pay runs, then the + in top right corner, then 'End of financial year', then 'FY20/21' the numbers match the x,y,z for Heath (active) … ie, they're correct.

So, this all looks pretty good/aligned from a Reakon Payroll perspective.

Ok at this point that you've described above, is there only ONE employee ie. the Heath (ACTIVE) employee appearing in this EOFY report OR do both show up ie. the active and archived?

If its just the 'active Heath' employee appearing in the EOFY finalisation and the balances are correct in the EOFY report in the app then I'd suggest you send that through. Those correct figures will overwrite the balances that are sitting with the ATO currently for that financial year.

• heathroberts
    Options

There's only the one employee in the EOFY finalisation … its called 'Heath Roberts Full time' (but that's in effect the active one) with the correct numbers.

Ok, so I'm going to re-lodge this one and hopefully it overwrites the other ...

Fingers crossed ...

• Rav
    Options

Cool go for it. It might take a few days to update on the ATO end but let me know how you get on.

• heathroberts
    Options

Ok Rav, I did what I said above and the ATO record has updated; what's happened though is that the 'old/incorrect' a,b,c is there … and also as a separate payment is the new, correct, x,y,z that I lodged an hour or so ago.

So I'm back where I started … the double entry 😁

Now, I can delete / zero the a,b,c just added … and leave what seems to be a hardwired/unremoveable entry in the ATO records … but then the reported figures are too low.

I'm at an abosulte loss here what to do … is there anyone in my area (St Ives, NSW 2075) that I can go see to fix this? Can't you guys call me or something? H.

• Eric Murphy
    Eric Murphy Member Posts: 216 ✭✭✭
    Options

For what it's worth mate, I had something similar a couple of years ago on a different program to what you're using and it was an ATO problem. Not quite the same as you but similar. I called them and they removed the incorrect entry on their end.

Might be worth giving that a go. I don't think it's a Reckon issue, could be wrong though

• heathroberts
    Options

Eric thanks … I've got a call in with ATO now, really appreciate the advice. H.

• heathroberts
    Options

Hi Rav, I've spoken to ATO per above but they need the BMS ID for the Reakon Payroll app - can you please send that to me?

Thanks, H.

• Rav
    edited April 2022
    Options

I don't have visibility on that but I'm checking with our team to see if I can get that for you from our end. If you've got access to the ATO Business Portal you'll find the BMS ID there. (screenshot example below).

Will come back to you on this.

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert
    Options

@heathroberts BMS ID will also be visible from the settings page in Reckon payroll app.

https://help.reckon.com/article/wue9g3b9qa-reckon-payroll-app-settings#software_id

• Rav
    Options

@swakhlu01 . the Software ID and BMS ID are two different things

• heathroberts
    Options

Hi guys. I've already given ATO the software id … it was in the settings page … but I couldn't see anything called the BMS? H.

• Rav
    Options

Hi @heathroberts

My devs have just got back to me in regard to this and I've just flicked you a Private Message with your BMS ID.