Migrating to the Payroll App

Options
System
System Member Posts: 235 Moderator Moderator
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀
This discussion was created from comments split from: Can't Migrate Data from STP app.

Comments

• GB21
    GB21 Member Posts: 8
    Options

Hi Rav

I changed to Payroll from STP ,my info has not migrated ,can you help as I have to submit EFY 20/21nothing showing

thanks

Greg

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,412 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

@GB21

Hi Greg,

When you made the transition over to the Payroll App did you receive the option to migrate your existing STP app info on-screen? ie. did you sign in to the Payroll App using the same login details that you were using on the old STP app?

If you go into the Employees section or the STP tab on the Payruns screen, do you see any data that was in the old STP app there?

What is the ABN that you were using on the old STP app and are now trying to migrate?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• GB21
    Options

Hi Rav

only Data from Oct 21 Onwards none of the STP data can I still retrieve it

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,412 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

When you made the transition over to the Payroll App did you receive the option to migrate your existing STP app info on-screen? ie. did you sign in to the Payroll App using the same login details that you were using on the old STP app?

What is the ABN that you were using on the old STP app and are now trying to migrate?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• GB21
    Options

HI Rav

old ABN was 76 057 372 844

• Rav
    edited April 2022
    Options

@GB21

There are a few things going on here which might sound a tad complicated as this is quite a messy situation but I'll try to outline it as best as I can below.

First, you have two Payroll App accounts for your ABN under two different email addresses.

• The first account was created in September 2021 using the same email address that your STP app account is under but it has been created for ABN 76057372844 GST branch 844. I'm assuming your ABN doesn't actually have a GST branch of 844 in reality, is that correct? More importantly you have sent submissions for this registration.

So It looks as thought you might have tried to setup an account back at that time but have registered an incorrect GST branch for your ABN which has prevented migration since the details didn't match your existing one from the old STP app account.

• The second account is under a different email address (iCloud) and was setup in July 2021. This has what looks to be the correct GST branch for your ABN since it matches what you setup for your old STP app account but since the account was created using a different email address (ie. not the same as the old STP app account) it hasn't given you the option to migrate since its a brand new account instead and no connection with your existing account. There have been no submissions sent under this account.

What this boils down to is this, unfortunately migrating your data from the old STP app is no longer possible I'm sorry to say. If there hadn't been any submissions sent from the incorrect GST branch 844 registration which is under the same email address that your old STP app account is under then I could have deleted it and you could start again. The problem is there have been submissions sent under that account and we're mandated to keep any and all submission data intact by the ATO so deleting this registration is no longer possible.

Here's what I'd suggest we do from here. We'll need to organise changing the GST branch number registration from 844 to 1. Once that is done you'll need to bring your employee balances up to date in the Payroll App by updating the Year to Date values for each employee in their profile in the Payroll App.

I know that's a fair bit of information to take in so let me know if you have any questions.

• GB21
    Options

Hi Rav

Im totally confused now ,can my data be finalised off the old app for year 20/21at least get that done

• Rav
    edited April 2022
    Options

The old STP app has been retired and decommissioned so is no longer available or accessible.

The only option I can think of at this stage for you is what I outlined in the last paragraph above and copied below -

Here's what I'd suggest we do from here. We'll need to organise changing the GST branch number registration from 844 to 1. Once that is done you'll need to bring your employee balances up to date in the Payroll App by updating the Year to Date values for each employee in their profile in the Payroll App.

Let me know if you're ok with that and I'll get it over to my dev team to organise updating the branch number,

• GB21
    Options

Hi Rav

yes that would be great ,sorry for all this I thought id done it correctly

cheers

• Rav
    Options

Hi Greg,

Just as an update, I've put all of the details of this situation into a case and sent it over to our app development team. They'll need to do a bit of investigative work on how to rectify this situation and I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from them.

• GB21
    Options

Thank you I do appreciate this ,I dont know how I mucked it up ,I was wondering at the start why bit wouldn't migrate

• Rav
    Options

Hi Greg,

Another update, this time from our devs and its a pretty important one for you to be aware of as there is some action you'll need to undertake on your end.

When you login to your Payroll App account, tap on Settings ➡️ Company Details ➡️ Confirm that you see branch number 844 listed here.

If you do then tap on 'Pay Runs' at the bottom of the screen and then tap on the STP tab. You should see a list of STP submissions here.

I need you to confirm whether any of these submissions show a 'Success' status amongst them?

• If none of the STP submissions are successful ie. they show an 'Error' status, tap on one of the submissions and let me know what the full error response is that has been sent back from the ATO.
    • If any of the submissions have been successful ie. they show a 'Success' status then please follow the steps below -

If you any of these submissions are successful then I need you to run a zero-balance finalisation so that we can bring the submissions you have sent under this incorrect 844 GST branch back to zero. To do that, create a new End of Financial Year submission, select the appropriate financial year, then toggle the option to 'Set all values to $0.00' and send this submission through.

I'll link a short screen recording of where you'll find the 'Set all values to $0.00' option below.

If you can let me know when you've done the above that would be great.

• GB21
    Options

HI Rav

it shows 844 as requested ,it shows success on pay runs ,I went to EFY 20/21 it says no paid employees 21/22 shows balances ,what now

• Rav
    Options

Ok in that case create a new End of Financial Year submission for the 2021/22 financial year, then toggle the option to 'Set all values to $0.00' and send the submission through.

• GB21
    Options

Hi Rav

Done 21/22 submitted

• Rav
    Options

Great stuff, thanks Greg.

Leave the rest with me for a bit and I'll get the devs to continue with their work to get the accounts straightened out.

I'll come back to you on this.

• Rav
    Options

HI Greg,

Firstly, my sincere apologies for the incredibly long delay in addressing this.

I've just head back from my devs this morning and they have corrected the GST branch in your account from 844 to 1.

You will now need to update each employee's initial Year to Date balances in the app to bring them up to date to what they are in the present day.

To do that, go into an employee's profile ➡️ tap on 'Pay Summary' ➡️ tap on 'Update initial Year to Date balances' ➡️ Enter the Year to Date balances for all relevant components eg. earnings, tax, super, allowances, deductions etc.

Once the above is done, the next time you create a pay run in the app and send the data via STP submission it will update correctly on the ATO's end.

Hopefully all that makes sense but if you have any questions let me know.

Cheers