Supplier Invoice - Error message Discounted tax amount for line item 1 is incorrect.

Options
SylviaV
SylviaV Member Posts: 3

Reckon One - occasionally I have a supplier that has both GST free and GST items,

In the past I could have one line with NCF for GST free purchases and one line with NCG taxcode to indicate GST purchases.

However, today I received the error code "Discounted tax amount for line item 1 is incorrect" which refers to the NCF tax code and 0.00 GST amount.

Has something changed in the settings that I am not aware of?

How do I enter this supplier invoice into Reckon One, as it won't let me. Apologies if this question has been asked before.

Best Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @SylviaV

I don't believe there have been any changes recently that would change this sort of behaviour.

Just to clarify, are you using the same items on this occasion that you previously have where its been successful?

It might be best to give our Reckon One support team a call when you've got a moment so we can get a technician to take a closer look into this with you.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi all,

I've just been given info that the fix for this problem has been deployed to the Reckon One service.

If you can please give it another go when you have a chance and let me know how you get on that would be great.

Thanks all

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Answers

• SylviaV
    Options

Hi Rav,

Yes, I am using the same items as previously. It is just peculiar. I will ring the support team. Thanks, Sylvia

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Options

I am having the same issue when entering bills, keeps telling me.... Discounted tax amount for line item 1 is incorrect.... this just started 5 min ago. I have entered 10 bills Ok, now it is playing up. In this case I am entering a nil bill, so I can get them in order because R1 uses bill numbers, and I will come back and fill in amount when missing invoice arrives. There should be no issue with nil as tax is nil. I have entered nil bills before without this issue.

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    Options

so an inv with 1cent and tax free comes up with error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Rav
    Options

Hi all,

Just an update to this. I've flagged this over with our Reckon One product devs and they're investigating why this has suddenly started happening today.

• kristyhart
    kristyhart Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi, I am also having the same issue with making a bill. Same error message. Can we please be updated with the progress on this, it’s not ideal timing for BAS submission today.

• Tony Finn
    Tony Finn Member Posts: 18
    Options

We have had the same issue start yesterday also. I will be keen to see what the Product Devs say.

Cheers.

• Rav
    Options

Morning all

The devs have found the validation error causing this problem and are currently in the process of working on a fix.

I'll post more info on this as soon as I receive it from the dev team.

Thanks for your patience with this everyone and apologies for the hassle its caused so far.

• Andrew_10863263
    Andrew_10863263 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    • Discounted tax amount for line item 1 is incorrect. - having the same problem today also.

• Rav
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hi all,

Just another quick update. The devs are testing out the fix at the moment in our development environment and pending the results of that it'll be pushed into the live Reckon One service.

I'll let you know as soon as I get the next update from the team which should be a little later today.

• kristyhart
    kristyhart Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi Rav, it’s working on my end now. Thanks!

• SylviaV
    Options

Hi Rav,

It is working. My thanks to the team. Sylvia