Going Online - sending email 4 of 4 won't stop and is locked ...

Stuart Charlton
Stuart Charlton Member Posts: 10

This is the first time I have used bulk emailing and tried to stop it after I realised the Edit Email only edits the first email and each form is sent individually instead of as a batch.

The Going Online window becomes live and then greys out when you click anywhere else on the page but will not close or stop the request. I cannot access any windows below the Going Online window.

Closing or changing the browser has no affect as it just logs you straight back in to the frozen function. I have cleared the browser cache but still cannot close the Going Online window.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    Answer ✓

If you come across a situation like this in future check if there is window or prompt within Hosted that has been opened in the background.

Press Alt + Page Up key (not the arrow pointing up but the one that says Page Up). If that doesn't work try Alt + Page Down.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Answers

• Stuart Charlton

It has self-healed after being left overnight and session was timed out. This seems to me a very primitive way of fixing the issue.

• Stuart Charlton

Thanks Rav. I tried ALT + Page Up but it didn't do anything. I can't recall trying ALT + Page Down but will try if I get caught out next time.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Rav was suggesting there may have been a hidden window open. You could also try Alt Ctrl Delete to open the task manager and shut down the browser