STP submission

Options
Fay
Fay Member Posts: 27
edited June 2022 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

My stp one submission for August 21 says success with a receipt number for the ato, but the payment is not showing on the my gov account for the employee.

Unfortunately, I changed to desktop in October and no longer have access to STP one to try to correct this.

What is the process for this?

Thanks Fay

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Fay,

If you have the ATO receipt number then the first port of call I'd recommend is giving the ATO a call to get their input as to why a successful submission that has been accepted and a receipt number generated for isn't displaying.

Please note though, Single Touch Payroll is reported on a Year to Date basis only so if you'd had subsequent submissions after this particular one that have gone through successfully then the employee's balances will have already been updated.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Fay
    Options

Hi Ray,

I rang the ATO and quoted the receipt no recorded in the Details for this August 21 payment.They say that it isn't a normal ATO receipt number. They couldn't find any record of this payment.How do I adjust this through my books so the ATO show this payment without ruining my current desk top STP payments?

Thanks Fay

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Fay,

Can you confirm whether or not you sent through any successful submissions AFTER this particular one? If so, then your Year to Date balances for the employee(s) will have already been updated as I mentioned above. Is that the case for you? ie. are the final balances for this employee correct or incorrect?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Fay
    Options

Hi Ray,

Any later payments were through Desk Top STP and not the STP app.

The payments are incorrect in this employees my gov account. I can't access the STP app to see what it says, but in the Reckon Portal it shows the correct figures for STP one and Desktop STP. The Tax Office says this isn't the case,

Is there anyway I can send a replacement file for the STP app, given this app no longer allows me access since we bought the Desk top version?

Thanks Fay

• Rav
    Options

Sorry, were you using the old STP app or Reckon One? This post has been created in the Reckon One category so just need to clarify what product/service you're actually using.

Is there anyway I can send a replacement file for the STP app

If its the STP app then no, that app was retired & decommissioned last year so is no longer accessible.

Did you move straight from the STP app to Reckon Accounts Desktop? Are you reporting STP submissions for the same employee in Reckon Accounts Desktop now that you've made the move over to it?

Are the incorrect balances for this financial year or the previous FY?

• Fay
    Options

Hi Ray,

I guess I was using the old STP app which was free on my IPad. I used this for July,August and September but the ATO claim they haven't recorded August. In October I purchased the desktop with wages and used that from October on.

I have tried to access the STP app on my ipad to see if I can adjust this but it won't let me open it.

Thanks Fay

• Fay
    Options

Sorry Ray,

Didn't read your whole message. Yes same employee in desktop as the old STP app. The balance is wrong in this financial year, where my payments for the year differ from the ATO.

Thanks Fay

• Eric Murphy
    Eric Murphy Member Posts: 216 ✭✭✭
    Options

Take this as you will but sometimes you have to speak to a couple of people at the ATO before you get to someone who knows what they're talking about and able to sort things out.

• Fay
    Options

Unfortunately, you are probably correct.

Thanks

• Rav
    Options

Right ok, so if you're still reporting for the same employee now that you've switched over to desktop AND the balances in question relate to this financial year then I'm assuming that you've just continued on in Reckon Accounts (desktop) now following on from your submissions made in the old STP app, correct?

If so, then the Year to Date balances should be correct to your latest submission made in Reckon Accounts (desktop). However if you still need to make a correction for whatever reason you can do so for this employee in Reckon Accounts since you're still reporting for them in the current financial year now. To make corrections, you can create an Update Event which I'll link some info to below -

• Fay
    Options

Hi Ray,

I don't seem to have a Lodge single touch payroll window on my desktop,only a process single touch payroll window.

Where is the lodge single touch payroll situated?

Instead of lodge in the third row as shown above this shows as export. Obviously I am totally misunderstanding something here.

Sorry Fay

• Rav
    Options

Don't worry you're in the right place. We need to update the screenshot on that help article as the in-product features have been updated since it was published. Apologies for that.

• Rav
    Options

Fay, I just want to reinforce something that I've previously outlined though.

If you have sent successful submissions AFTER this particular one that you're querying then the Year to Date balances for the employee will already be updated so you may not need to run any corrections.

Remember, STP is reported on a Year to Date basis only.

Also separately, when it comes to EOFY time coming up in a couple of weeks, your final End of Financial Year finalisation will also overwrite any and all balances that have been submitted before it.

• Fay
    Options

Thank you. I certainly hope things get sorted at the end of June, because you can't just lodge an update,with the export as it goes back to previous items already sent to the ATO.

Regards Fay

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,293 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

Lodge button changed to Export quite some time ago