Is the EOFY Payrun not showing additional super contributions?

Options
swakhlu01 .
swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

It appears the Payroll App still displays the Super guarantee amount in the EOFY Payrun even when the employee payruns have reported additional super amounts. Does the EOFY Payrun report the actual super amounts in STP? Put simply will the EOFY Income statement will show correct amounts for the employee.

This is an old bug in the Payroll app apparently not fixed yet.

Best Answer

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi guys,

To confirm, while the Pay Summary section and subsequently EOFY submission, does not expose RESC balances on-screen the app does retain the data pertaining to additional super paid to an employee over and above the (current) default Super Guarantee %.

The EOFY finalisation in the Payroll App will report the full super ie. SG and RESC in the submission.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @swakhlu01 .

The Payroll App doesn't expose RESC on-screen other than in payslips and the Payroll Summary Report at this stage. Rest assured though if you have made additional super payments the full amount is reported to ATO as part of any STP submission.

There are two fairly significant updates coming to the Payroll App with the first coming early next week that is going to massively enhance the level of detail and information for employees and pay runs. I can't say for sure yet whether these updates are going to show the RESC component but I'll see if I can get some info on that.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert
    Options

@Rav the normal payruns show the entire superannuation amount computed (including RESC if any ) and this must be getting reported through STP as well, considering this shows in the ATO YTD income statement under Super guarantee and RESC (depending on amount values).

However, my question was about the EOFY Payrun - which only shows an amount for superannuation that represents the 10% value of the YTD earnings. Question is whether the EOFY payrun when submitted to Finalise the Income statement could wipe out any RESC amount that was captured in the Income Statement previously and only show the Super guarantee amount the the EOFY Payrun shows.

• Rav
    Options

I'm pretty confident it shouldn't remove any RESC components that have been reported previously throughout the year, I think its more that the app just doesn't expose it on-screen at the moment.

With that said though, its a good observation and I'm sure it'll cause a bit of confusion throughout the next few weeks with EOFY finalisations being the hot topic. I'll see if I can get any more info around this from our devs and will report back.

• raj_10249974
    raj_10249974 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi Rav, Is the above problem fixed in the the new payroll basic app. I am having problem - It appears the Payroll App still displays the Super guarantee amount in the EOFY Payrun even when the employee payruns have reported additional super amounts. Does the EOFY Payrun report the actual super amounts in STP? Put simply will the EOFY Income statement will show correct amounts for the employee.

Any suggestion how to fix this? Regards Raj