updated to 2022, then restored back to 2021

Options
dennisf
dennisf Member Posts: 10

Hi had issues with the application on the 20th so I was advised to update to 2022 so I did, BUT I needed to run a payroll on the 30th and was not advised by Reckon that the Tax tables would be different so I decided to restore back to to the 2021 model that I made a backup of.

After doing this I now have missing several Quotes, Purchase orders, Invoices.

Is there anyway that I could get the missing files back, appreciate some help on this.

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,299 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

You could have just changed the tax amounts

• dennisf
    Options

Was not advised and the reckon fellow WAS NOT helpful at all just said I had to update.

Now its back to 2021 and I need the files back , so can these files be bought back, ??

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,409 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @dennisf

Upgrading your file to the 2022 edition should only be actioned once any pays for the current financial year have been completed in the existing (2021) version.

Are you opening a backup that you created immediately prior to upgrading or an older one? If you're opening an older backup then unfortunately any data that was created after the backup itself was created won't be present in it. A backup created immediately before upgrading though should contain all of your data at the point it was made.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• dennisf
    Options

Yes I made a backup of my 2021, then upgraded to the 2022 as per his advise.

So the backup was on the 20th June. We started using the 2022 till the 22nd June, then that afternoon I restored it back to the backup of carried out on the 20th .

So all of the work carried out between 20th- 22nd whilst using the 2022 version, those are the files I want back , so that they get put back onto the 2021 version.

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 542 ✭✭✭
    Options

Guys if you look it up and get the Tax Tables from the ATO you will find that the rates are actually the same as last year, HELP and a few others have changed and a few on high incomes will have changed so it shouldn't make any difference

• dennisf
    Options

I guess I am no wiser everyone, can I get back all the work I carried out using the 2022 version, can I get it back onto my 2021 version ??

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 542 ✭✭✭
    Options

aaargh Don't worry about the tax, if there is any difference it won't be much. But if you have used a backup prior to the date 22/6/22 and your backup was 20/6/22 then you will probably have to re-enter. That's why you make a backup before you change

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,299 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

The only way to get the work back is to redo it in the 2021 version

• dennisf
    Options

Yes I thought that would be the case, unfortunately..

Just wish if these so called Reckon tech support technical guys advise the consequences in moving to an upgrade, the initial reason was Reckon just would not start, so they said you MUST upgrade to resolve the issue that is occurring.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,409 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2022
    Options

Hi @dennisf

the initial reason was Reckon just would not start

What was the specific issue that was happening here originally? When you say it wouldn't start, were you encountering an error message? If so, what was it?

What sort of troubleshooting did the team go over with you to diagnose this?

If you've got a case number, I'd be interested in checking over the notes of it.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• dennisf
    Options

Hi Rav,

Just couldn't log in nor could me book keeper, So I called the tech support and advised them on what was happening based on that is when they said you must upgrade.

Once it was upgraded we both started using the product as if no issues, but it was till a couple days later it came to mind I need to run pays on the 30th, and I bet the upgrade would have also changed the Tax tables, hence why I wanted it restored back to 2021 and now I have had to manually enter in the 2 x days work I think I am now very close.

BUT now I am finding I can open the 2021 but my book keeper can't but it does open in 2022.

So now I am very hesitant in calling the tech support to fix this issue or break it further .

Just not having any luck with the support side when I call , they advise / fix one thing and then lots of other issues become issues but were not mentioned or diagnosed earlier..