Payroll app

Options
ckinspire
ckinspire Member Posts: 45
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Hi, I have 3 employees who I have entered every week into the Payroll app, but when I do the end of financial year, only two are showing. Not sure why that is happing?

Thanks

Kerry

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Kerry,

Is there any difference between this particular employee's pay and the other two?

Has this employee been paid any tax applicable earnings throughout the financial year? ie. has the earnings item that you've used for this employee's pay have tax applicable active?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• ckinspire
    Options

Hi Rav thanks for your reply. No there is no difference in pay. She has been a staff member since 2016 and has always come up when I do eofy in stp app. I have been entering her pay along with my other staff weekly for the whole financial year. Not sure why she is not showing.

thanks Kerry

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert
    Options

@ckinspire Silly question but I though better to make sure. In the EOFY Payrun Menu are you swiping across the screen to check for all employees.

I would also suggest you check there are no Payrun submissions for the year that are in error. It is possible during the STP to Payroll app migration some details of this employee did not get updated.

If you say you have been entering this employee's pay details for the whole year can this be verified in their ATO Income statement 2021-22 at ATO Mygov account?

• ckinspire
    Options

Hi thanks for your reply. I have swiped across and there are only 2 employees not 3.

I have checked all pay runs and there are no error messages. All my pay runs are for 3 employees. I am a bit stuck on what the issue is.

They are away on leave so I cant get them to check their mygov account.

When I do a report in stp payroll all 3 employees come up with their figures, but if I press EOFY only the 2 come up and no option to tick for the 3rd?

• swakhlu01 .
    Options

@ckinspire . Looks like a topic for the Reckon Community support team @Rav to investigate. However one last check - what version of the Payroll App are you using?

• ckinspire
    Options

Hi, the version I am using is 2.24.19.

Should I contact Rav as I am completely stuck.

thanks

Kerry

• swakhlu01 .
    Options

@ckinspire That is the latest version of the app. Rav is already notified through this post. So I am assuming you should get a response tomorrow.

• ckinspire
    Options

Thanks so much for you help

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @ckinspire

Have you created, and are you using, any custom pay items that you have created for this particular employee in question? ie. open up your latest pay run which this employee is included in, and check which earning item has been added for them. Is it the 'Ordinary earnings' item or something else?

Once you've checked which earning item you've used, go into Settings ➡️ Earning Items ➡️ Select the earning item that you saw in the employee's pay run from the list ➡️ Verify whether the item shows as 'Tax Applicable'.

Check out my screenshot below as an example of a custom earnings item I've created which IS tax applicable and therefore any earnings that use this item is reported to the ATO as part of STP submissions. If an earnings item has been designated as not tax applicable, then that is not sent to the ATO in STP as its not required.

Also, can I just confirm, when you're creating the EOFY finalisation in the app, you're selecting the just completed 2021/22 financial year, correct? (screenshot below).

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• ckinspire
    Options

Hi Rav thank you for your reply.

I checked and I have the two employees that are showing up as their earning item as 'ordinary' and the one not showing as "wages". That must be the problem.

How do I correct that.

Thanks

Kerry

• Rav
    edited July 2022
    Options

I'm going to assume that the 'wages' earning item is one you've created yourself and likely doesn't have the 'tax applicable' option ticked when it was setup.

To fix this employee's year to date balances and bring them to what they should be in reality to this point, you could do this by editing the employee's 'Initial Year to Date' section.

Firstly, go into this employee's Pay Summary tab in their profile and review the balances that appear here for him/her. I'm assuming its going to show $0.00 for earnings, tax and super. If that's the case then you simply need to enter the total balance of earnings (use a tax applicable earnings item such as Ordinary earnings like the other two employees have), tax, and super that this employee should be at currently.

• ckinspire
    Options

Thank you so much, that worked!!!

How do I make sure this next financial year it does not happen again. How do I change the earning item?

• Rav
    edited July 2022
    Options

Glad to hear it worked 🙂

You just need to make sure you're using an earnings item that has tax applicable ticked in its setup. The ordinary earnings item is the default one and is automatically setup for tax.

If you're creating a custom earnings item of your own, you just need to go through the setup carefully (Settings ➡️ Earnings items) and ensure that its setup as you require for tax and super etc.

• Jean_10862158
    Jean_10862158 Member Posts: 49
    Options

Or if it doesn't need a custom earnings item, then change it to the Ordinary Earnings the same as the others.

• ckinspire
    Options

Hi I have one employee that no longer works for me, so she is 'terminated'. She is not showing up for end of year. I have tried to do the same for her as above, but is does not seem to work.

Thanks Kerry

• Rav
    Options

@ckinspire

Hi Kerry,

I believe you'll need to remove the employees termination date from their profile and then make the necessary updates to their balances in the initial YTD section as outlined above. Once that done re-enter their termination date.

Create a new EOFY finalisation after that and they should appear.

Let me know how you get on.

• ckinspire
    Options

Thanks that worked.

I noticed in Rekon one, some of my employee numbers (number allocated to an employee) are different to that in Rekon Payroll. Is that a problem? and if so how do I fix it?

Many thanks Kerry

• Rav
    Options

Hi Kerry,

Reckon One and the Payroll App are two completely separate services, is there a reason you're using both? Are you running payroll for the same employees on both?

• ckinspire
    Options

Hi Rav, I entered the super fund details into Rekon one. I thought that is where it was supposed to be done as I could not find where to enter them on the Payroll App? I only use Payroll app to enter weekly pays and to do eofy and not Reckon One.

• Rav
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me @ckinspire

Are you performing any actual payroll functions eg. creating pay runs, sending STP etc from Reckon One?

To me, it seems like you can/should just stick with the Payroll App exclusively if that's what you're using for payroll. Reckon One is a full payroll service in its own right which allows you to create pay runs, create employees, send STP etc etc and while the Payroll App may not be as advanced in terms of features/functions just yet, it will be soon so its likely you won't need both.

Aside from entering super fund details, is there anything else you're doing in Reckon One?