How do I correct the EoFY amounts after adding a missed payrun?

Options
LPPS
LPPS Member Posts: 4 ✭
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Hi there

I (stupidly) submitted my eofy report before confirming the totals were correct, then discovered that I had forgotten to submit a payrun in April. I have now submitted the April payrun, but it's not included in the the eofy totals.

Can you please advise how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,409 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @LPPS

What is the pay date that you entered for this specific pay run?

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• LPPS
    Options

Hi @Rav

The paydate is 8/4/22. Although I did (again stupidly) submit with yesterday's date, but resubmitted (via revert to draft) with the correct date.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,409 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me @LPPS

Ok, that's where the issue is. At the moment the Payroll App isn't playing nicely when a pay run is created within a certain financial year but then edited and the pay date changed to one in a different financial year which is what you've described.

What you'll need to do is delete this particular pay run and recreate it with the correct pay date from the outset and send through the STP submission as normal.

When you create your first 'actual' pay run of the 2022/23 financial year, your YTD balances will be updated with that new pay run.

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• LPPS
    Options

Hi @Rav

Thanks for your quick response.

So, I've deleted the payrun and 2022/2023 now looks good.

But, how can I get the 2021/2022 eofy totals to be correct now that I'm missing that payrun? This is the bit I'm really stuck on as the eofy data isn't correct for our employees.

• Rav
    Options

Recreate the payrun in the Payroll App but this time create it with the correct pay date from the outset. Once you've completed create a new EOFY finalisation and the balances will be updated and ready for you to send.

• LPPS
    Options

Thanks so much @Rav, all sorted. Really appreciate your help!

• BobbieGreen
    BobbieGreen Member Posts: 2 ✭
    Options

Question, Rav,

Does this not duplicate the information with a 2nd finalisation?

I have a similar problem in that my client wants to change the amount of her final pay for June but I have already finalised. I thought I would need to undo the finalisation, process the pay correction and then finalise again.

• Rav
    Options

Hi @BobbieGreen

I've just flicked you a reply on your other thread 🙂