Marking invoice as sent when sent by post

Options
Bruce_10864014
Bruce_10864014 Member Posts: 5
edited July 2022 in Reckon One

If I email an invoice it gets marked as sent. That's fine.

However if a client does not have an email address and I print and post the invoice how can I mark/show that it has been sent.

Comments

• Eric Murphy
    Eric Murphy Member Posts: 216 ✭✭✭
    Options

I don't think you can, but the invoice will still be in the list in an unpaid status.

• Bruce_10864014
    Options

Thanks Eric,

I understand you can still see the invoice in the unpaid invoices but there is nothing indicating that it has been sent to the client.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

The sent/unsent statuses relate to the email status only (screenshot below) as it also ties in to the email history/log in Reckon One. It doesn't apply to other methods of delivery eg. post.

If you'd like the email status to show 'Sent' for an invoice that you haven't actually sent via email then you'll need to open the invoice, select the option to 'Send via email' and enter your own email address in the 'To' field and send it. This will send the invoice to yourself ie. your own email address and also change the email status from Unsent to Sent. Its a workaround I know however as mentioned that status is linked to the internal Reckon One email functionality only.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Bruce_10864014
    Options

Thanks Ray. Not ideal but does give me a work around.