EOFY Issue

Options
AnnieRob
AnnieRob Member Posts: 9 ✭
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Hi, I'm using free Payroll App and having trouble with EOFY.

The amounts in my 4 quarterly payruns look correct, but EOFY misses one employees amount and puts it in the next financial year.

Not sure what the meaning of "done" and "paid" and "success" buttons are

Annette

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @AnnieRob

Is there anything different about the particular employee that has been missed in the EOFY finalisation? Was this employee included in all of the pay runs alongside the other employees who ARE listed in the EOFY finalisation?

Did you create a pay run for this employee with the pay date in the current financial year but later edit it and change the pay date to something in the previous financial year?

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• AnnieRob
    Options

Thanks Rav

I had 4 pay runs Sept 2021, Jan 2022, April 2022, July 2022 (let's call it Q1/Q2/Q3/Q4 of 21/22 FY)

Payrun Q1 had only 3 employees let's call them CL, DA, DE

Payrun Q2 had only 2 employees DA DE

Payrun Q3 had 3 employees AN DA DE

Payrun Q4 had 3 employees AN DA DE

EOFY has all 4 employees listed and all correct except for AN

• AnnieRob
    Options

I think I submitted an adjustment to Q3 payrun which affected only employee DA...

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Ok so just to clarify, all of the balances that relate to AN are appearing in the 2022/23 financial year in the app?

If so, when it comes to the Q3 and Q4 pay runs that AN was part of, what is the pay date that has been entered for those two pay runs? Is the pay date dated in the 2021/22 financial year ie. a date between 1 July 2021 and 30 June 2022?

OR, has it been dated with a pay date in the current financial year?

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• AnnieRob
    Options

I have listed on the screen 6 payruns.

There are 2 payruns for Q1 with all zeros for employees DA DE CL, this has status "paid"

• AnnieRob
    Options

Thanks Rav

" Ok so just to clarify, all of the balances that relate to AN are appearing in the 2022/23 financial year in the app?"

No, only her pay amounts for the final payrun submitted in July 22 appear in 2022/2023

And it is only AN's balance that sort of splits between the 2 financial years

• AnnieRob
    Options

Pay date for Q3 is 9th April 2022

Pay Date for Q4 is 3 July 2022

• Rav
    edited July 2022
    Options

Thanks @AnnieRob, that makes things a lot clearer.

The pay date is the determining factor when it comes to where the pay is allocated for STP, not the pay period.

Since that last pay run is dated in the NEW financial year ie. after 1 July 2022 its allocated (correctly) to the 2022/23 financial year.

With that said, you've mentioned earlier that the Q4 pay run included 3 employees but its only AN's balances that are showing in the 2022/23 financial year which is a tad odd. Sorry just to double check, is that correct? ie. do the balances for the other two employees (DA and DE) in this pay run also appear in the 2022/23 financial year as well? (You can view this by checking their Pay Summary in their employee profile)

• AnnieRob
    Options

Hi Rav

I'm all sorted with pay and tax amounts, but Super amounts are not right, I have paid more than the required 10%

I thought I could add those amounts by setting the YTD amounts for 21/22 year rather than going back to each payrun.

Is that reasonable and if so, how do I do that,

Annette

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert
    Options

@AnnieRob It is my understanding Rav is on leave until Tuesday. Looking at your issue I would suggest you wait for his response on return to work.

Normally the Superannuation reporting in Pay summary and EOFY payrun only shows the default (FY2021-22) 10% amount. THis is an anamoly in the Payroll app. However, any amount over the default compulsory superannaution amount does get reported in ATO Mygov income statement of Employee as Reportable Employee contrtibution (RESC). If you have correct earnings and tax for the FY2021-22 for each employee and have reported greater that 10% super, then EOFY finalisation will be ok (even if EOFY does not display the actual super amount).

Perhaps wait for Rav's input before sending the EOFY finalisation.

• AnnieRob
    Options

OK thanks, your answer concurs with what I was thinking, that if we have paid more than the required Super, should be OK, but perhaps Ill wait for Rav's response

• Rav
    Options

Hi @AnnieRob

I can confirm the info from @swakhlu01 . is accurate. At the moment the EOFY and Pay Summary screens will only show super balances at the default rate. Any additional super paid over and above the default and/or salary sacrifice is indeed captured correctly and sent through as part of your STP submissions however RESC is not visibly shown on-screen at this stage.

• AnnieRob
    Options

OK , Thankyou Rav,

I will continue and submit my EOFY