Renewing licence

Options

I have paid for my new licence. I have spent over an hour on the phone and with the technician linked to my computer.

We are unable to uninstall the previous version of Reckon Home & Business so the new version can be installed. If we uninstall the old version will all of my information be lost. I backed up the files prior to starting the install

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Jennifer,

Your data is saved to your file and not the software itself so you're fine to uninstall.

What was the reason that it wasn't uninstalling from your PC? The process to perform a clean uninstallation, which is different from just a regular uninstall is outlined in the guide below which might be helpful in this instance -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Jennifer Collett
    Jennifer Collett Member Posts: 3
    Options

Thank you for the prompt reply. The person I was speaking to regarding my registration was concerned that if I uninstalled the Reckon program I would lose all my data. I have successfully uninstalled the old program and installed the new one and all data has transferred correctly to the new program. Many thanks for giving me the courage to do this

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Great work Jennifer 👍

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,225 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

Please dont hesitate to call me and let me sort it for you.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com