Date employees were paid

Scragger
Scragger Member Posts: 5 Novice Member Novice Member
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll

I have put in 20 pay weeks of information in one day. I didn’t alter the actual pay date. It is now showing that all of those 20 weeks were paid today. How do I alter it to show the correct pay date. I have tried through the editing process but that doesn’t allow you to change the pay date

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

@Scragger

When you create a pay run in the app, the first option is to designate the pay date for the respective pay run.

Did you send through STP submissions for all of these pay runs that you've created as well OR have you just created the pay runs themselves so far? Do all of these pay runs relate/belong to the previous 2021/22 financial year?

Just something to keep in mind, the ATO mandates that STP submissions are to be sent on or before the pay date.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Scragger

I’ve sent them all through. They all relate to last financial year

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Right ok. What I'd suggest you do is send a zero balance STP submission to bring all of the 2022/23 balances back for all of your employees back to zero.

You can do this by creating a 2022/23 EOFY finalisation and switch on the 'Set all values to $0.00' toggle and send that through. This will update all STP balances on the ATO's end to zero. I've attached an old screen recording I made showing this however it shows me doing it for the 2020/21 financial year but in your case you'll need to do so for the 2022/23 financial year.

Once that is done, delete all of the pay runs you created and it will clear the balances from your app as well. Don't delete the zero finalisation as I'd recommend you keep that as a record.

Recreate the pay runs using the correct pay date and send through the submissions.

Hopefully that makes sense but let me know if you have any questions.

Just for future, its best to create your pay runs and send through the STP submissions on or before the pay date as required by the ATO to avoid any penalties etc.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Scragger

Thanks

much appreciated

• Scragger

Hi

Thanks for the advice. I did all of the processes you recommended. The only concern I vave is that the incorrect entries I put in, and then deleted are still listed on the STP submissions as being successful. Does that mean the everything is registered twice or I shouldn’t worry about it as I deleted the initial entries. Should I, can I delete the initial entries again

regards

scragger

• Rav

That's correct, any STP submissions that have already been sent cannot be deleted for any reason. Its a requirement that any sent submissions are retained so they'll remain in your list.

However just something to keep in mind is, STP is reported on a Year to Date basis only. So if you sent through that zero submission as outlined above, your 2022/23 balances have been brought back to zero ie. they've been updated on the ATO's end.

When you send through your first 'actual' pay run and STP submission for the 2022/23 financial year, the balances will update from there.

• Scragger

Thank. I will do. Appreciate your help